MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Editor error(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using IE7 I get the following errors. They should be able to be reproduced here at MyBB's forum.

Error 1. If I click on the php code tag in the editor, then click on the same tag to close the code, It makes the tags backwards as shown in the screen below.

[attachment=10102]

Now, If I use the close link above the tag, the tags come out correct.

Error 2. If you click on a tag anywhere in a post your making, it brings the tag to the last line typed instead of where you want it to go ignoring the breaks in paragraphing for example. I included a screenshot..

[attachment=10103]

Where the empty box is on the screen is where I was attempting to add the new php tag. Instead it threw it back to the last line typed.

I hope I exlpained that well enough. If not please let me know and I will try and do better. All these errors happened here and I can reproduce them. If this has been reported in the past which I couldn't find. I apoligize..

Kind Regards
1) Yes, that's how it works. If you click on the tag again it will insert where your cursor is. If you don't like that, press the "Close Tags" button.

2) Just tried on my localhost in IE7, and it works fine.
If I click the php tag for example then hit my enter a few times to create line breaks, then hit the tag again, it puts the closed tag in front of the code again instead of having it at the end. Huh By adding a line break the tag should want to close.

I guess I thought the tags should close if the opening tag has already been included. I understand what your saying Tikitiki, just seems kinda backwards to me Smile

Thank you

PS, Pretty excited about the release today. I almost didn't report this until after the release Big Grin LOL...
Hmm, ok, so it seems to ignore line breaks and spaces if that's the only thing you make. *stupid IE*

I'm not sure what we can do about it. I'll talk to chris
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.