MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installed ok, but no Index page [resolved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using 1 & 1 for my hosting, uploaded MyBB, did the CHMODing, the installation seemed to go fine, and I deleted the install file from my directory. I am able to login to the Admin page without problems, but am not able to access any sort of form page. I've gone in and changed the GZip setting and I have also reinstalled.

I'm at a loss now for what to do next any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
you said you changed you GZip settings.. is that mean u disabled it? if no.
so please disable it
Thank you for your quick reply.
I changed my GZip setting to no already and that didn't resolve the problem. I just tried changing to yes to see if that made a difference and it didn't. So I have set it back to no.
My page is www.arrestinghearts.com
Thank you.
this error didn't related to mybb in anyway.
there is no index.php file in your site (http://www.arrestinghearts.com/index.php 404 not found)

try to re-upload it if you do uploaded it before.
I see that now. I did have one before, a index.php that is. I will reinstall it again and see if that helps. Should I be installing in a subdirectory named /forum?
(2008-08-02, 07:12 PM)brownsugar Wrote: [ -> ]I see that now. I did have one before, a index.php that is. I will reinstall it again and see if that helps. Should I be installing in a subdirectory named /forum?

Weard cause i use 1and1 and i have no trouble.
I reinstalled it and still didn't get an index.php but I had one on my desktop from a previous installation that i had downloaded to my desktop to look at the text file so I just uploaded that to my host. So I do have an index.php now, but it is still not my forum. I am perplexed as to what I am doing wrong at this point so any answers or assistance that anybody can give me would be greatly appreciated.

In my mind, I believe that I should be installing the forum in www.arrestinghearts.com/forum and creating a portal page at www.arrestinghearts.com/index.php with a button/link to my forum. That seems the most logical to me. Before I delete everything again and reinstall it and attempt to do that I am hoping that somebody can tell me if that is the right thing to do.
for the sub-dir, it's give me 404 not found.
for the main root url (http://www.arrestinghearts.com/index.php) this is the defualt index file that provided by your host, you need to upload the one you got with mybb package
I think there is no files on your site for mybb http://www.arrestinghearts.com/showthread.php not found too..
So it sounds like I am missing files in my upload. I am going to delete the whole thing and redownload from the MyBB site, then reupload and reinstall to a /forum directory. Thank you, hopefully this will work!
I ended up totally deleting my installation and re-downloading the files. I decided to install the new version since that was available but I don't think that made any difference. I believe I was just missing files on my original installation. Thank you to everybody that offered their assistance.