MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Error Upgrade] Internal Server Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Try to upgrade Beta from 1.2.14.
Error message occurs during process

Quote:Integer Conversion Project
MyBB is now currently converting a section of data to the new format, this may take a while.
Automatically Redirecting..

And then this message:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

I check htaccess file, and deleted. Still failed.
Any idea?
FYI, my forum has 405 MB MySQL size on Shared Hosting!
I did at midnight.. Smile

Thank You..
It's not a problem with MyBB or there's nothing we can do about it. You should contact your host.
I'm having the EXACT same problem, can anyone shed any light?

I contacted my host and they gave me the run-around, basically said with a board as big as mine, it would always time out and give that error or something.
Then either they'll need to change their settings or you'll need a bigger hosting account. As Ryan said, there's nothing we can do from our end.
They won't change the settings, they said 30 seconds is the global timeout for the server, my "posts" table is 196MB. They also told me to convert it offline. Any idea how to do that?

Or maybe break the "posts" table up into smaller parts. Is this possible?
Do I have the biggest board on MyBB? 18,000 members, 360,000+ posts.

I'm surprised no one else is having this isssue.

I'm having trouble getting support from my host and MyBB (I don't mean that in a rude way) I just don't know what to do.
Could this have to do with it saying I have 2 plugins activated?

I made sure to de-activate them all like it says in the upgrading Wiki, I don't know why its saying that,.
No, there's a forum with 1.4 mil posts and one with 4.6 mil posts.

You could convert it offline by installing WAMP or XAMPP and doing it on your localhost. The message about plugins wouldn't stop the upgrader like this.
OK, I give up on trying to upgrade. The WAMP/XAMPP thing is way over my head and since my host can't change the timeout settings, I can't switch to a new host, there's nothing MyBB can do, and no way to cut down on the posts table size, then my only options are to go back to 1.2.14.

Is all I have to do is upload the 1.2.14 files over the 1.4.9 files?
No don't stay on 1.2.14, 1.2 support is dropped so you'll be on your own using it, and we're only providing security fixes until December 31st.

WAMP is easier than it sounds. Download it here http://www.wampserver.com/en/ and then you just go to http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ and you're in phpMyAdmin. Put a backup in there, and you can run the upgrade with no limits. Files would go to C:\wamp\www\mybb\ or something like that.

What's the size of the entire database backup??
Never used anything like this, don't know what it is, but I'm downloading it and will give it a shot.

the .sql file I backed up says its 169 MB which is kind of weird considering my "posts" table alone was 196MB... hopefully I got a good backup.
Couldn't import my backup, file too big it says, lol. I barely get phpmyadmin and mysql in the first place so I don't know if I'm going to get something like this.
Can I pay you to do it for me? Seriously. I would be willing to pay if you could do this for me and I just gave you all my login details and stuff. I noticed in your profile it says not to PM you but you will do upgrades if given time to do it. I will gladly give you some cash to fix this problem for me, lol. Or an Amazon gift card maybe? I don't have a PayPal account, but I could sign up.
I do paid work for mybb if you need this done. PM me.
Pages: 1 2