MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum mail via Google Apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2008-08-03, 11:32 AM)Tickhi Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mb_send_mail() function.

We've established this is a problem with your host and not MyBB. You'll need to talk to them.
if it works on v1.2 and don't work on v1.4 it's not server's blame should be a problem on codes. If it's blame of host what is the solution fo this error.
(2008-08-04, 05:56 PM)MyBBHost Wrote: [ -> ]if it works on v1.2 and don't work on v1.4 it's not server's blame should be a problem on codes.

That may sound logical to you and to the average joe, but your not a programmer are you? The problem was caused by PHP bad handling of the safe-mode function and lack of decent documentation in this situation. A 'workaround' (note: not a fix) can be found here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-342...#pid233082
I'm getting this error:

Quote:The mail server does not understand the MAIL FROM command
(2008-08-05, 05:04 AM)Holmes Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting this error:

Quote:The mail server does not understand the MAIL FROM command

+1
Then your mail server does not support the SMTP protocol we use. You should find a mail server that works with SMTP.
Well, I'm using Gmail/Google Apps. So MyBB does not work with Gmail. That resolves this issue, then.
I'm getting this problem with several SMTP servers. I've tried my host's, my own and Gmail, all of them get the same error about the 'FROM' field. Also, I've tried the PHP mail() function, and mails do not get sent (no errors show up in the logs). MyBB will not send any mail by any method, can someone explain why it's not working? I have already contacted my host about both methods, and they couldn't get MyBB to work with either, even though they said everything is fine on their end.
(2008-08-14, 06:48 PM)GG-Xtreme Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting this problem with several SMTP servers. I've tried my host's, my own and Gmail, all of them get the same error about the 'FROM' field. Also, I've tried the PHP mail() function, and mails do not get sent (no errors show up in the logs). MyBB will not send any mail by any method, can someone explain why it's not working? I have already contacted my host about both methods, and they couldn't get MyBB to work with either, even though they said everything is fine on their end.

[Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)Does that test script work?
(2008-08-14, 06:50 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-14, 06:48 PM)GG-Xtreme Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting this problem with several SMTP servers. I've tried my host's, my own and Gmail, all of them get the same error about the 'FROM' field. Also, I've tried the PHP mail() function, and mails do not get sent (no errors show up in the logs). MyBB will not send any mail by any method, can someone explain why it's not working? I have already contacted my host about both methods, and they couldn't get MyBB to work with either, even though they said everything is fine on their end.

[Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)Does that test script work?

It works fine, and all of my members' email address successfully received the test email. MyBB still refuses to send mail using PHP, and using SMTP, it stays queued for a ridiculously long time, then I get the 'FROM' error in the log.
Pages: 1 2 3