MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I get up to populating the tables a blank page comes up with this error:

Warning: populate_tables(../inc/db_.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/massacre/public_html/fgaming/forums/install/index.php on line 238

Fatal error: populate_tables(): Failed opening required '../inc/db_.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/massacre/public_html/fgaming/forums/install/index.php on line 238

Help please?
It seems something happened in the inc/config.php file and the database type was deleted.

You need to restore that value to 'mysql'.

$config[dbtype] = "mysql";
You should actually run the setup script again, making sure that config.php is chmod to 777/666 and taking note of any previous errors which could be causing config.php to not be written to.

Chris.
I have tried about 10 times, chmodded the files over and over.
As for what you said ryan the config file is blank >.> I run the tables into the db and when I click next that comes up. This is a fresh install
I cant be bothered with a forum that has errors before its even installed. Im swapping back to wbb.. Thanks anyways.
The installation procedure writes the configuration file BEFORE it ever attempts to connect to the database. Infact, its a whole step before right when it checks that the database actually exists and can be connected to.

// Write the configuration file
	$configdata = "<?php\n".
	"\$config[dbtype] = \"".$dbinfo['engine']."\";\n".
	"\$config[hostname] = \"".$dbinfo['host']."\";\n".
	"\$config[username] = \"".$dbinfo['username']."\";\n".
	"\$config[password] = \"".$dbinfo['password']."\";\n".
	"\$config[database] = \"".$dbinfo['name']."\";\n".
	"?>";
	$file = fopen("../inc/config.php", "w");
	fwrite($file, $configdata);
	fclose($file);

Thats the code that writes the settings file.

Sorry it wouldn't work for you and best of luck in the future.