MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permisson when upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2008-08-05, 01:14 PM)ahmed1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-05, 03:53 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused. What exactly can't you do? Did you follow the instructions in the post MrDoom linked you too?

i am guessing he has the same problem as mine

i can't access the front end, because the files were replaced and the upgrade not completed (still didn't execute upgrade script) and the upgrade script just refreshes on using any member name, and gets an error abt wrong credentials when typing a completely non-existent name

thanks for your help in advance Shy

Ah,

Ok in that case what you can do is clear your cookies. This will allow you to log in via upgrade script again. Make sure your logging in with Admin credentials.
Followed the upgrade steps...

Downloaded
unziped
copy the contents over to the server
chmod all the files and dir's
went to http://mydomain/forum/myBB/install/upgrade.php via my browser.

This brings up a login screen asking for admin login and password... cool no problem I used to log in all the time as admin...

When admin login and password are entered it gives me this error:

Error
The username you have entered appears to be invalid.

ok... so after many refreshes and attempts, even clearing my cookies... I still can't login as admin...

not really important that I get a quick answer or solution... I will probably just restore the back up... I would like it to work though, I just can't see what I did was wrong... I followed the steps correctly... or so I think I did anyhow... Confused
The error says what it means. Your entering the wrong username.
(2008-08-06, 12:56 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-05, 01:14 PM)ahmed1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-05, 03:53 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused. What exactly can't you do? Did you follow the instructions in the post MrDoom linked you too?

i am guessing he has the same problem as mine

i can't access the front end, because the files were replaced and the upgrade not completed (still didn't execute upgrade script) and the upgrade script just refreshes on using any member name, and gets an error abt wrong credentials when typing a completely non-existent name

thanks for your help in advance Shy

Ah,

Ok in that case what you can do is clear your cookies. This will allow you to log in via upgrade script again. Make sure your logging in with Admin credentials.

well i tried clearing cache and cookies, didn't work on firefox 3.0.1
worked on Opera just fine Confused
hmmm... Great idea ahmed1.... Cool

However, after restoring the backup I gave another try using Opera, Firefox, Explorer, Flock & Netscape... all of which give me the same error message about wrong admin login & password... Undecided

Also Tikitiki, after restoring my forums from backup I did in fact logged in using my admin login and password just to make certian I knew what they were before attempting the upgrade... Shy

After running the upgrade.php script... I tryed multipule times to enter login and password in case I was miss typing it and no caps lock was not on nor should have it had been cuz its all lower case.... Dodgy
(2008-08-07, 07:04 AM)msupport Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm... Great idea ahmed1.... Cool

However, after restoring the backup I gave another try using Opera, Firefox, Explorer, Flock & Netscape... all of which give me the same error message about wrong admin login & password... Undecided

Also Tikitiki, after restoring my forums from backup I did in fact logged in using my admin login and password just to make certian I knew what they were before attempting the upgrade... Shy

After running the upgrade.php script... I tryed multipule times to enter login and password in case I was miss typing it and no caps lock was not on nor should have it had been cuz its all lower case.... Dodgy

I've tried everything as well, IE6, IE7, FF3, even though I had logged in only moments prior as admin, I can't get in anymore. Deleting all cookies, cache files, etc does not help.

I'm totally dead in the water here. I've even done a restore of the DB and no help.
Hello, CinciBearFan...

If you are at the same stage as I... where you have just coppied the upgrade files over and then went to run the upgrade.php script... Then this would not have affected your database at all at this point...

Did you make a backup of your directory where your forums are kept? Its these files that would need to be restored to have your old working forum back...
(2008-08-07, 08:11 AM)msupport Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, CinciBearFan...

If you are at the same stage as I... where you have just coppied the upgrade files over and then went to run the upgrade.php script... Then this would not have affected your database at all at this point...

Did you make a backup of your directory where your forums are kept? Its these files that would need to be restored to have your old working forum back...

OK I'm trying to re-upload those backup copies....but did that fix your not being admin? And then you relaunched?
(2008-08-07, 11:53 AM)CinciBearFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-07, 08:11 AM)msupport Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, CinciBearFan...

OK I'm trying to re-upload those backup copies....but did that fix your not being admin? And then you relaunched?

Reloading the backup files allowed me to re-establish my old database. However, given the way the first updgrade failed, I had to also go to a backup copy of the database.

Now I'm back to where I started, and will re-try another upgrade this weekend probably.
I believe part of the source of this problem is Old install files being mixed in with new ones.

Might be worth making sure the old INSTALL directory is completely deleted before uploading the new files.

That seemed to help me out a bit with the re-upgrade.
Finally fixed my upgrade problem with the admin login not working.

In the upgrade script I removed these lines:

if(!username_exists($mybb->input['username']))
{
$output->print_error("The username you have entered appears to be invalid.");
}

And these lines:

{
$output->print_error("The password you entered is incorrect. If you have forgotten your password, click <a href=\"../member.php?action=lostpw\">here</a>. Otherwise, go back and try again.");
}
else

And all seems to have worked just fine with the upgrade.

Not sure this is the best approch or method to solve the problem but it did seem to work for me...
Pages: 1 2