MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen this with IE7 and Firefox3. I try to log in as a non-admin using a valid username and password and it keeps refreshing the login screen but blanking out the entered details - no error message is displayed. This is a little worrying if users are going to have difficulty logging in. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes not.
CAn you login with your admin account.
Yes, the admin account seems to be reliable for logins but a moderator account that was reliable under 1.2.14 nows seems distinctly iffy under 1.4.
Hi,

Please run the "Find Updated Templates" tool under the Templates page in the ACP. This should assist you in upgrading your themes to work with MyBB 1.4.

Ryan
I had already reverted back to the default MyBB template and am still using the default template after upgrading. I did run Find Updated Templates and it reported nothing for the MyBB default except for the header where I have removed the Member List and Calendar.
What are your cookie settings? Can you provide a URL to your board?
same problem, i can log into ACP but can't into the board.
(2008-08-04, 03:55 AM)leealex Wrote: [ -> ]same problem, i can log into ACP but can't into the board.

Please answer:
(2008-08-03, 04:59 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]What are your cookie settings? Can you provide a URL to your board?
cooike settings by:

.domainmae.com
What I think may be the issue is that under 1.2.14, I thought I could login to Admin in one browser window and log in as somebody else in another. It was great for testing things out. With the revisions to 1.4, I think it impossible to log in as somebody else at the same time. If you do try then it keeps re-echoing the login screen with no warning message. So, I suspect, users won't see this problem but admins/developers will. I will see if my further experiences fit this scenario.
OK, this is what I am seeing. I log in as Admin and then access the Admin CP where I put my details in again. When I log out of the Admin CP, it presents me with the Admin log-in once more and if I unwittingly try to log in as a user, it just blanks out the input and stays on screen with no warning message. What appears to be missing is some kind of way back to the forums to log out fully from the Admin account and then log in again as a mod or registered user. I feel that there ought to be a link on that log-in screen to drop back to the forums.
Updated Posted 19:52, 4th Augusat 2008
Ah, a subtlety - I can click on the MyBB logo and it takes me back. I'm learning all the time. Confused