MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [D] editing templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do not know its a bug bug but it gives big problems for me.
I wanne make changes to some templates as I did in 1.2 do not work with 1.4.
For me it was easy to use frontpage to make those changes, I copy the template code and add it in frontpage to start editing.
But what happens now we I paste the code in frontpage there is only 1 line of code.

example

the header templates shows me that there are 26 lines (starting with <div id="container"> and ends with <br />.
When I copy it and paste it, everything is in 1 line.
On this way I cannot edit it.

I find another way to do it.
Paste it in the example page from fp,
the cut it again,
then paste it in the code part of fp
use notepad2 or notepad++ to convert the line-ending type
Has notepad an example part????
Simple when I add the code in frontpage and make changes to the line code I can see in a previeuwwindow exactly what I am doing.
When I add the code now from 1.4 to frontpage only one line.
Thats difficult to make changes with fp.
Question has notpad also a previeuw window so I can see what I am doing.
Also with this notepad everything is in 1 line
No, any of the mentioned (MS-Notepad, Notepad2 & Notepad++) doesn't have a preview BUT you should just convert the line ending type once!

1. Copy from MyBB to Notepad2
2. Convert the line ending type
3. Copy to fp (frontpage)
4. Edit & Preview as you like
5. Copy to MyBB

Step 2. is the only new step.
OK then it must be a bug because everywhere I paste it its only one line.
Only the edit function in mybb 1.4 shows me more lines.
Example header are 26 lines.
Also when I paste the code back to mybb 1.4 the for example 16 lines gives in the template edit function 1 line.
Thats maybe also the reason that I get errors after update designed templates, see this topic: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-34959.html

Is it possible in the new version to change the editor to the one that was in 1.2??
Is there allready somewhere a solution or did I mis something that I cannot find it???

(2008-08-06, 10:09 AM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]Also when I paste the code back to mybb 1.4 the for example 16 lines gives in the template edit function 1 line.
Thats maybe also the reason that I get errors after update designed templates, see this topic: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-34959.html

Is it possible in the new version to change the editor to the one that was in 1.2??