MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Big Error?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Followed upgrade instructions. Grabbed EVERYTHING in the Upload folder and FTP'd it to my forums folder replacing everything. CHMOD'd the files. Then typed in the url specified to upgrade the forum and this is what I get.

Warning: require_once(/home/content/o/p/t/optimusgeorge/html/forums/inc/config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/o/p/t/optimusgeorge/html/forums/install/upgrade.php on line 21

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/o/p/t/optimusgeorge/html/forums/inc/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/o/p/t/optimusgeorge/html/forums/install/upgrade.php on line 21

Help.
According to that error, install/upgrade.php doesn't exist.

Even if you grabbed everything and uploaded it, verify the existence of the install folder and inside of it, the file named upgrade.php
Verified.

I had renamed config.default.php to config.php and then it returned a different error.
That error indicates that you are still missing a decent portion of files.
Should I replace the "new" files totally with my old files again? Did I replace the files in a wrong way? Are there files within folders that should not be replaced?
No, you should have simply overridden everything with the new MyBB files. Try again, and please make sure they're overriding the old ones. You may need to contact your host for further assistance.

Ryan