MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Old download link?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know 1.4 has been released, and is really awesome, but I really need the 1.2 version of myBB (long story...!)...

Is there anywhere I can download it (or is there a plan to provide a "legacy" version on the main site?)... or is someone able to send a copy my way?...

Many thanks...
Smile
Ohh... that easy... Sleepy

Many thanks Aglioeolio!

Maybe be worthwhile putting a link on the downloads page for the myBB site?...

Smile
We shouldn't be encouraging users to run an older version.
1.2.14 is as safe as 1.4
It's not encouraging people to use older versions - if you didn't want them using older editions then download links wouldn't be available...

All I meant is what other software releases have - just provide a simple "Legacy Editions" or "Legacy Downloads" on the downloads page - I never even thought of looking on the Wiki and I probably not the only one... PHPBB have a similar link to their legacy versions...

Shy
Well,

One thing I don't understand is when MyBB 1.4 final is out, why some one would want to use MyBB 1.2.x ? I mean I am not saying that they are bad or they are not safe, but just logic, WHY???

I am not able to understand Sad

Enjoy Wink I am happy with MyBB 1.4!
FAISAL~
We will continue to support MyBB 1.2.x with security fixes and general support, but we will no longer be releasing feature or maintenance versions.
Thanks I needed this link.. My upgrade failed miserably but luckily I have a database backup so i'm gonna install 1.2.14 fresh, restore the backup and then perform the upgrade. *crosses fingers*
(2008-08-03, 11:50 PM)Faisal Shah Wrote: [ -> ]Well,

One thing I don't understand is when MyBB 1.4 final is out, why some one would want to use MyBB 1.2.x ? I mean I am not saying that they are bad or they are not safe, but just logic, WHY???

I am not able to understand Sad

Enjoy Wink I am happy with MyBB 1.4!
FAISAL~
Because certain people want 1.4.1 to come out, more so a "security fix" for 1.4, why some have even said that the would wait for 1.4.5 to come out before upgrading, that is why.
Pages: 1 2