MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.4 with database from 1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I just install fresh version of 1.4 myBB and its look nice, realy nice. Now I have forum 1.2 which I cant update because its all bunch modification and language is total diferent with milion plugins. So I decide to install new forum (new version) and how I can use old databaze with new forum? Only what I need is category's, forums, topics, members, without any plugin, modification etc..

I try for start export table mybb_users and import in new base but cant login Sad

Whats the diferent beetwen new and old databases?Confused
A lot. Your best bet would be to backup the database tables you want on your new forum, install a fresh copy of 1.2.14, copy your backed up tables over the ones it created for that forum, then upgrade that forum to 1.4 which will sort out all the database modifications for you.
But If I am not wrong you want to keep all the plugins and language packs with MyBB 1.4 ?

IF so, It's not possible Sad when you will convert, you will not get any plugin or language pack / MyBB 1.2.x language packs or Plugins will never work on MyBB 1.4 Sad for this purpose people started making plugins and Themes along with Language packs for this.. And in one month is is expected that you could get a lot of themes, plugins and Language packs for MyBB 1.4 Smile

FAISAL~
I suggest you try deactivating all your plugins, and try running the upgrader on a test copy of your forum.

If you are planning on losing the modifications and plugins, then it wouldn't hurt to try the upgrader. It will make your life a lot easier. Your way is basically you doing all the database changes manually.
I dont need plugins, modification and language from old forum, I install already new forum and now I want to transfer members and content from old one.

I will try update but I will like to change database manualy. In old database there is a lot tables from other plugin so I dont need it nomore.
its very-very big job to do Smile
table scheme are different from 1.2 to 1.4
Open file /install/resources/upgrade12.php and read step-by-step which scheme are changed.
Your not going to get very far by manually updating; trust me.

Your best bet is to make a list of modifications you've made and then reapply them to MyBB 1.4 (and change them to work with 1.4 if they need to work)
I was update trought update but every time when login in admin panel and click somwhere ask me to login again. I can just login nothing else. When Click somewhere automaticly log me out.
contest and members is there Smile
Check your cookie settings to make sure they are set for the correct domain/path. Admin CP --> Configuration --> Settings --> General Configuration --> Cookie Path/Domain