MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DB Rollback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you rollback your MySQL database to a .GZ file you have saved in your documents?
Did you save it using the Export option in phpMyAdmin? There should also be an Import option to let you restore from a .gz file.
I didn't even think to check phpMyAdmin. Excuse my ignorance, I'm just learning how MySQL backends work. Also, I used the export option in my admin control panel.
[Image: page1.jpg]
This is my import form for the database I'm trying to rollback on. It says at the top I need a text file of my database, but I'm using a .gz file here. I'm not sure if it works that way. I click the submit button and get this error.

[Image: page2.jpg]
It seems to stop right at the first database table. Do I have to drop my database before I reupload it?
The tables that you're trying to add already exist, so you'll either need to move them out of the way, or drop them.

Please note if you drop your database, you will need to recreate it before you import.
All right, I dropped all the tables of that database and uploaded the file.
[Image: page3.jpg]

I head over the forum, but I get this error.
[Image: page4.jpg]

Just to be sure it's uploaded, I check on the database structure.
[Image: page5.jpg]

It seems to have only extracted the first table. I did select all of the tables when I did my backup, did I possibly overlook something?
Are you sure your database backup was complete? Open it up with a text editor and do a quick search for "CREATE TABLE" and see which tables are created.
I opened the .gz file and apparently it's damaged. How lame. Sad

I thank you guys for your speedy and helpful support. Smile