MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: way to change php settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to change my settings from cpanel, so that php supports eval()?

I believe I should be able to add it to the htaccess file, or make my own php.ini file to allow it. My experience with those two files though is terrible. I believe that my problem with mybb 1.4 might be that it has a setting that doesn't allow it. Dodgy
This is a question you need to ask your web host. As far as I know there's no way to enable it through cPanel.
Well, it wouldn't really be through cpanel, but through ftp, by creating my own php.ini file. I guess my real question is does anyone have any idea if that is enabled through the php.ini file?
Usually you use php.ini to disable functions or to enable safe mode. See http://ca.php.net/features.safe-mode . I'm not sure how you can override this to enable functions.
Well, I know to enable register globals is

register_globals=True or something like that. But I don't see how to work that for eval()

I am asking my host. Hopefully they will help me with it. I think they are pretty fed up with me though. Toungue

Edit: Well, they just replied with "Your issue is being taken care of, and we will reply once finished. Thanks for your patience."

I imagine this means they disabled it after I installed the beta at first, and must now be enabling it noticing it broke my site. Toungue