MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Slow Office Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I notice with the new Editor my cursor sometimes lags behind as I type. Sometimes delaying up to 3 seconds behind my typing.. Other users are reporting this to me. The standard Editor works great as usual.

IE7-is my browser, 2 others using IE7 and I also had 7 users using IE6 report the same issue.
Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm getting lag here too at times, just not as bad as my forum. I have a pretty well set-up PC also so memory and memory cache shouldn't be an issue. I use a remote server for my site hosting btw. It usually cooks along very well.

Acts like it uses a lot of resources

Regards
I am getting the same thing here. i thought it was just me but now i see your postSmile

I get a lag for about 5 to 15 sec.

Thanks
same here too
Seems to be Ok till you get a few sentences typed in, then this editor crawls like molasses Big Grin
UP-Date..

I switched back to the regular (Default editor) My Members or I couldn't take anymore... and it's almost just as bad as the office 2007. So it appears whatever it is going on is shared by the two. Problem is now this is almost unbearable to use (For everyone) It really is that bad and I have a busy forum. I hope someone can look into this very soon. If I could just get the default editor to work as the old one did. Sad

I'm getting reports of 10-15 second freezes/delays and one has now said it's freezing his PC O.o

MyBB's Office Editor here seems to be running alright right now .. Dodgy

Regards
A quick workaround to this is to tell your users they can use Quick Edit. Smile Works till these gentleman can get a solution Smile

Regards
I didn't notice such a thing last time I tried IE7... :/
Although not a fix, would you mind telling us the specs of your computer, and whether or not you get this with other browsers on your computer?
Regards ZiNgA and thank you for asking...

Great call I never thought about Smile
I'm using IE7 as you already know. I tried this in FF3 and the editor works great Smile Thank you. At least I can use the editor again in FF3. My site is hosted remote and not local however.

PC Specs

Newer Compaq

Processor: Intel Pentium D Processor 820 with VIV tech
Memory: 2048
500 GB Hard Drive

Do you need more info than that ZiNgA?

Damn, I love IE generally... Not recently however Big Grin

Regards
I'm having this too (in IE7, FF and Safari work fine...). It's definitely not my computer though (It's a quad-core, eh).

I get a 50% CPU spike when it happens, until the browser can catch up.

I was thinking, since I saw an IE debug error almost every time it happened except for now when I try to reproduce it (typical!) maybe it was something to do with the Ajax screwing up when it's trying to read the box for whatever reason... if it does that at all. Maybe, I don't know. All I remember seeing was something like 'Invalid argument' for line 6** on newpost.php?tid***

Yeah, not really helpful. Will let you know the second I can reproduce it. Smile
Hi Guys,

This is a "temporary" fix (basically it's before we added the event handlers that are causing the lag your getting) - It can cause a few small issues on IE6 in terms of MyCode.

Chris will be looking into a proper solution on the weekend.
Seems to have done the trick. Cheers!
The editor works flawlessly for me before the temporary fix on every 1.4 forum I've tried.
Pages: 1 2