MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Can't add a new category
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just installed MyBB 1.4 on my computer for testing, before i upgrade my forum from 1.2.14 to 1.4
And i can't add a new category. Sad
If i try:
Forums & Post -> Add New Forum and then i select:
- Create a Category
- for title something random
- some description
- Parent Forum: none
- display order 2
- i don't select anything at the Additional Options
- i don't modify nothing at the Permissions
And then i get a sql error:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error: 
1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'pid' at row 1 
Query: 
INSERT INTO mybb_forums (`name`,`description`,`linkto`,`type`,`pid`,`parentlist`,`disporder`,`active`,`open`,`allowhtml`,`allowmycode`,`allowsmilies`,`allowimgcode`,`allowpicons`,`allowtratings`,`usepostcounts`,`password`,`showinjump`,`modposts`,`modthreads`,`mod_edit_posts`,`modattachments`,`style`,`overridestyle`,`rulestype`,`rulestitle`,`rules`,`defaultdatecut`,`defaultsortby`,`defaultsortorder`) VALUES ('test','something','','c','-1','','2','1','1','0','1','1','1','1','1','1','','1','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','','','0','','') 

[version] => 1.4
[version_code] => 1400
PHP Version 5.2.4
Mysql 5.0.51b
Hi there,

Can you try uploading the attached version of admin/modules/forum/management.php to your forum and seeing if you can successfully create forums then?
Now it work's.
Thanks !!!!!!!111
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.