MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database size after upgrade very big?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there! Before the upgrade to 1.4, my zipped database size was 167,76 KB. After the upgrade, it is 1,48 MB.

The stats say, that the total database size is 6,08 MB. That's a bit weird with a total post count of 300. What's the matter here? Can anyone explain?

And why do all tables of the DB appear in the backup dialog, not only the MyBB tables?

Thanks!
Hi,

You should do an optimize/analyze of your tables after the upgrade - this can be done via the control panel. There may be a bit of overhead left from the data conversion from 1.2 to 1.4 in the tables.

In regards to the backups - it's now possible to backup all tables. You can select only the MyBB tables with the "Select forum tables" link, however.
Quote:The selected tables have been optimized and analyzed successfully.

and it now says

Quote:1,34 MB

which is much better than 6 MB, thankyou. Still it's so much for 300 Posts, that I'm wondering.

It's not that I don't have the storage, but I am curious where the bytes hide. Huh

Edit: I take everything back and announce the opposite! Angel It's allright now. I backed up and saw that it's only slightly more in gzipped state than in 1.2. So this is (if at all) a general problem/misunderstanding! Thankyou!!