MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Three Bugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2008-08-04, 11:51 PM)Chris Boulton Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Gene,

Can you try using the attached file and sending a test mass-mail to yourself as HTML/both and seeing if it comes through correctly now?

You should upload the file to the inc/ directory.

I'm on it Chris. I'll be back shortly with the results. Smile

Peace,
Gene
(2008-08-04, 11:12 PM)Chris Boulton Wrote: [ -> ]The task system will only run a task if you consistently have visitors on your forum - it can't run by magic so it injects itself in to the footer of your forum. For this reason some tasks may run later than you expected, if you don't have any activity on your actual forum.

In regards to the replacement, are you sure you were using {username} - it's case sensitive too.

You specify it with initial caps in the mass mailing screen, such as [Username]. The other mass mailing codes are formatted in the same fashion.

So which is correct?
(2008-08-04, 11:51 PM)Chris Boulton Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Gene,

Can you try using the attached file and sending a test mass-mail to yourself as HTML/both and seeing if it comes through correctly now?

You should upload the file to the inc/ directory.

I checked with SquirrelMail and RoundCube, so as not to prejudice the matter over concerns with Apple Mail.

No improvement

Here's how the HTML version of the message begins, FYI:

Quote:Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hello [Username],<br />
<br />

Let me amend that. I tried it again, and it seemed to work properly, except for the replacement code. Is the setup screen wrong about putting that code in initial caps?
Even with all lower case, the replacement codes do not function.

Sad
(2008-08-05, 12:14 AM)Gene Steinberg Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Chris Boulton' pid='233574' dateline='1217893896']
You specify it with initial caps in the mass mailing screen, such as [Username]. The other mass mailing codes are formatted in the same fashion.

Trying clicking it, versus copying it.

Apologizes for marking your first bug report as bogus; I had assumed it was a problem alone with Apple's email client since I had previously tested multipart emails on my own RCT3X forum during the beta period which had worked fine on the popular (yahoo, gmail, etc) email clients I tested.
(2008-08-05, 12:42 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-05, 12:14 AM)Gene Steinberg Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Chris Boulton' pid='233574' dateline='1217893896']

Trying clicking it, versus copying it.

Apologizes for marking your first bug report as bogus; I had assumed it was a problem alone with Apple's email client since I had previously tested multipart emails on my own RCT3X forum during the beta period which had worked fine on the popular (yahoo, gmail, etc) email clients I tested.

Not to worry. Apple Mail is justifiably blamed for lots and lots of ills, but parsing HTML and text isn't part of it. OK, clicking instead of copying. Smile

That operation, in either the latest release versions of Firefox or Safari, do absolutely nothing. When I click, there's no visible effect or change in the text entered in the message window.
I'm running the latest release of Firefox and it works fine, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you.
(2008-08-05, 01:34 AM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running the latest release of Firefox and it works fine, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you.

Well, maybe it's a Mac versus Windows thing?
Gene,

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner.

Can you use the attached version of class_mailhandler.php? I've just set up several test cases with different HTML content based messages and believe I've fixed all of the issues.

In regards to the links not working - I'm on a Mac here and they're working. It's definitely strange - we'll deal with that though after we tackle this issue.
(2008-08-05, 01:37 PM)Chris Boulton Wrote: [ -> ]Gene,

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner.

Can you use the attached version of class_mailhandler.php? I've just set up several test cases with different HTML content based messages and believe I've fixed all of the issues.

In regards to the links not working - I'm on a Mac here and they're working. It's definitely strange - we'll deal with that though after we tackle this issue.

OK, the problem with the links now is that, when you click on them, they go to the bottom of the message, not to the section where the cursor is placed.

So we're part-way there.
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.
(2008-08-10, 06:39 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

Thanks. And will this show up in a near-term update to the software for the rest of us?
Yes it will be in the next maintenance release.
Pages: 1 2