MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable Automatic Subscription in "post_subscription_method" Template?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I´ve found the values to disable check="checked" in Templates, they´re in:
Post Templates
> post_subscription_method

post_subscription_method Wrote:<tr>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top">{$lang->thread_subscription_method}</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor} smalltext">
<label><input type="radio" name="postoptions[subscriptionmethod]" {$postoptions_subscriptionmethod_dont} value="" style="vertical-align: middle;" /> {$lang->no_subscribe}</label><br />
<label><input type="radio" name="postoptions[subscriptionmethod]" {$postoptions_subscriptionmethod_none} value="none" style="vertical-align: middle;" /> {$lang->no_email_subscribe}</label><br />
<label><input type="radio" name="postoptions[subscriptionmethod]" {$postoptions_subscriptionmethod_instant} value="instant" style="vertical-align: middle;" /> {$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</label><br />
</td>
</tr>

HTML in template Wrote:<tr>
<td class="trow1" valign="top"><strong>Thread Subscription:</strong><br /><span class="smalltext">Specify the type of email notification and thread subscription you'd like to have to this thread. (Registered users only)</span></td>
<td class="trow1 smalltext">
<label><input type="radio" name="postoptions[subscriptionmethod]" value="" style="vertical-align: middle;" /> Do not subscribe to this thread</label><br />

<label><input type="radio" name="postoptions[subscriptionmethod]" value="none" style="vertical-align: middle;" /> Subscribe without receiving email notification of new replies</label><br />
<label><input type="radio" name="postoptions[subscriptionmethod]" checked="checked" value="instant" style="vertical-align: middle;" /> Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies</label><br />
</td>
</tr>

Someone could please point me where to edit this red value to get disabled subscriptions by default in my template?

Needed HTML Wrote:<tr>
<td class="trow1" valign="top"><strong>Thread Subscription:</strong><br /><span class="smalltext">Specify the type of email notification and thread subscription you'd like to have to this thread. (Registered users only)</span></td>
<td class="trow1 smalltext">
<label><input type="radio" name="postoptions[subscriptionmethod]" value="" checked="checked" style="vertical-align: middle;" /> Do not subscribe to this thread</label><br />

<label><input type="radio" name="postoptions[subscriptionmethod]" value="none" style="vertical-align: middle;" /> Subscribe without receiving email notification of new replies</label><br />
<label><input type="radio" name="postoptions[subscriptionmethod]" value="instant" style="vertical-align: middle;" /> Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies</label><br />
</td>
</tr>

Thanks

User CP --> Edit Options --> Default Subscription Method
(2008-08-04, 06:51 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]User CP --> Edit Options --> Default Subscription Method

Thanks for Replying Dennis

but I´ll use this to new users and not for myself
many ppl posting and automatic subscribing to those posts will cause a problem with my shared host, and I dont want to run a query in myPHPAdmin just to disable this option every week

that´s why I need to edit directly in Template.

well, I think it´s located in a core .php file, so I´ll search for it then