MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smilies, Too many to delete...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey, is there any file i can edit to remove smilie info from?

like,.. which file is the info for all the smileys stored in?
Login to your FTP, and go to the main folder of your MYBB files. Go to the file named "Images" then inside will be another file called "Smilies". In there is were they are all at.
i know that, but they remain in the smileys section in the admincp, and they also remain in the clickable smileys window...
Message Filters -> Smilie Manager
ok.. understand what i posted before you reply,

i know all this,.. but i have to delete over 300 smilies by hand which = about 700 mouse clicks, becoz theres no delete all or select all function built into the smilie manager.. this is why im after the file itself that the information is stored it becoz this way i can just erase the information in one easy hit.
Well, then you should explain better in the first post.

Anyway, go phpMyAdmin or anything that can access your MySQL database. Then go to table mybb_smilies and click "Browse"

Hope that helps Smile
AQuarius, I knew what he meant instantly Confused Anyway, I assume you want to delete all? To delete all smilies (300+ :O) at once, use this SQL command in phpMyAdmiun
DELETE * FROM mybb_smilies
changin mybb_ to your table prefix specifc to your forum.
not all.. i just want to remove the ones that i've removed from the server, so that i can re'add them, i messed up when i added them the first time
You'd have to write an entire (PHP) script to do that... check if the smilie exists and if so, delete it. I think it would be quite a job.
not really.. all it would need to do is find out if it can pull data from the image and if not remove it,

i just did it the hard way...