MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable Rating?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't seem to find where to disable this feature.

Did a quick search of the forum but didn't see anything 1.4 related, other than that it was a planned to allow disabling it without hacking templates.
When you create/edit a Forum you can uncheck this box in the Miscellaneous Options
Yes, allow threads to be rated
Perfect. That makes sense.

Thanks a bunch.
Is there a way to do this universally? As I want this feature disabled completely...I would have to edit every forum..thanks.
(2008-08-04, 10:42 PM)empire910 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to do this universally? As I want this feature disabled completely...I would have to edit every forum..thanks.

You can run this query to disable it for all forums at once;
UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `allowtratings` = '0';

Change mybb_ to your table prefix + rebuild the forums cache in your Cache Manager [ Tools & Maintenance ]
Thank you LeX-, much appreciated. Smile
Hi, sorry to bump this but I have run the SQL query you provided, LeX, and it while all rows in phpMyAdmin show "allowtrating" as 0, In the forumdisplay page there's still this table-stretching 0 votes so far, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc...how to get rid of this?

Thanks.
Did you rebuild the cache after you ran the query?

(2008-08-04, 11:22 PM)LeX- Wrote: [ -> ]rebuild the forums cache in your Cache Manager [ Tools & Maintenance ]