MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search Engine Friendly URLs problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Chasingu, do you have the SEO links option forced to be on? mod_env might not be activated, otherwise. (my guess)
No i dont. I have to enable it. Whats mod_env?
My host support .htaccess, also mod_rewrite and mod_env. I already force it to on, and it just giving 404 error about page not find.

Anyway, here's Apache module that my host supports.
mod_php5, mod_log_bytes, mod_bwlimited, mod_auth_passthrough, mod_frontpage, mod_ssl, mod_setenvif, mod_so, mod_headers, mod_expires, mod_proxy, mod_auth, mod_access, mod_rewrite, mod_alias, mod_userdir, mod_actions, mod_imap, mod_asis, mod_cgi, mod_dir, mod_autoindex, mod_include, mod_info, mod_status, mod_negotiation, mod_mime, mod_log_config, mod_env, http_core

Need more?

And I already change htaccess.txt to .htaccess.
Did I need to modify some or all it's content? Cause it is still not working
You can provide us every module your host supports and tell us your host supports it, but in the end if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work and there's nothing we can do about that. You'll have to talk to your host about any SEO problems.
(2008-08-08, 03:08 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]You can provide us every module your host supports and tell us your host supports it, but in the end if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work and there's nothing we can do about that. You'll have to talk to your host about any SEO problems.

Are these it?

Quote:'../configure' '--program-suffix=5' '--with-pear=/usr/lib/php5' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/lib/php5' '--with-mysqli' '--with-kerberos' '--with-imap-ssl' '--enable-soap' '--with-xsl' '--enable-mbstring=all' '--with-curl' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-gd' '--with-pdo-mysql' '--with-freetype-dir' '--with-libxml-dir' '--with-mysql' '--with-zlib' '--enable-debug=no' '--enable-safe-mode=no' '--enable-discard-path=no' '--with-png-dir' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-db' '--with-gdbm' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--with-ttf' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-dbase' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-wddx' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/src/kundenserver/jpeg-6b' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-gd-imgstrttf' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-mhash' '--with-mhash' '--with-openssl' '--enable-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot' '--with-dom' '--with-dom-xslt' '--with-dom-exslt' '--with-imap' '--with-iconv' '--with-bz2' '--with-gettext' '--enable-exif' '--with-idn' '--with-sqlite' '--enable-sqlite-utf8' '--enable-zip'
(2008-08-08, 04:49 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-08, 03:08 PM)Tikitiki Wrote: [ -> ]You can provide us every module your host supports and tell us your host supports it, but in the end if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work and there's nothing we can do about that. You'll have to talk to your host about any SEO problems.

Are these it?

Quote:'../configure' '--program-suffix=5' '--with-pear=/usr/lib/php5' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/lib/php5' '--with-mysqli' '--with-kerberos' '--with-imap-ssl' '--enable-soap' '--with-xsl' '--enable-mbstring=all' '--with-curl' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-gd' '--with-pdo-mysql' '--with-freetype-dir' '--with-libxml-dir' '--with-mysql' '--with-zlib' '--enable-debug=no' '--enable-safe-mode=no' '--enable-discard-path=no' '--with-png-dir' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-db' '--with-gdbm' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--with-ttf' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-dbase' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-wddx' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/src/kundenserver/jpeg-6b' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-gd-imgstrttf' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-mhash' '--with-mhash' '--with-openssl' '--enable-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot' '--with-dom' '--with-dom-xslt' '--with-dom-exslt' '--with-imap' '--with-iconv' '--with-bz2' '--with-gettext' '--enable-exif' '--with-idn' '--with-sqlite' '--enable-sqlite-utf8' '--enable-zip'

I don't think you read the entirety of Tikitiki's post:
@all:

Try to put the following on top of the .htaccess:

Quote:RewriteBase /

If your MyBB is installed in the directory "mybb":

Quote:RewriteBase /mybb

That should help. Wink
(2008-08-08, 09:56 PM)bigfraggle Wrote: [ -> ]@all:

Try to put the following on top of the .htaccess:

Quote:RewriteBase /

If your MyBB is installed in the directory "mybb":

Quote:RewriteBase /mybb

That should help. Wink
Thank you Thank you so much it worked!

I cant thank you enough!
I apologize for bumping such an old thread, but the issue is pertinent to me still at this time. I'm open to trying the idea suggested above, seeing as someone had success with it.

Forgive the stupid question, how do I go about adding that to the top? Do you mean find what's already on top, push enter once, and put it right up above? Sorry, but I don't edit files very much and know nothing about this stuff.
**bump**
Pages: 1 2 3