MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change the default Account Preferences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where may I change the default Account Preferences in the User Control panel - I want Hide E-mail to be the default setting for new registrations?

Also, as a side issue, I note that AdminCP, under Configuration | Settings shows 8 options for Mail Settings but going into it, shows only 3. I think this may be a typo on that screen.
(2008-08-05, 06:09 AM)SteelD Wrote: [ -> ]Where may I change the default Account Preferences in the User Control panel - I want Hide E-mail to be the default setting for new registrations?

Also, as a side issue, I note that AdminCP, under Configuration | Settings shows 8 options for Mail Settings but going into it, shows only 3. I think this may be a typo on that screen.

1. I don't find where...

2. I confirm. It's the same for me !
(8 options announced, 3 displayed)
(2008-08-05, 06:09 AM)SteelD Wrote: [ -> ]Also, as a side issue, I note that AdminCP, under Configuration | Settings shows 8 options for Mail Settings but going into it, shows only 3. I think this may be a typo on that screen.

No, that's because of our 'Peeker' functionality. If you change the 'Mail Type' to SMTP, you will see the other options relating to SMTP. We don't show everything because otherwise it gets confusing as to what is needed or not needed.
Hello All,

I am also trying to find the answer to the first question...

- Where may I change the default Account Preferences in the User Control panel - I want Hide E-mail to be the default setting for new registrations?

I can see that in the member_register template but could not understad how to make it "checked" by default...

Tks!
You can configure default checkboxes on registration with this: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/registrati...figuration
(2009-07-16, 07:12 PM)polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]You can configure default checkboxes on registration with this: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/registrati...figuration

Tks!