MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Page Mod (Beta)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have created the custom page mod but still needs work.

Description: It adds features in the admin panel where selected admins can add, edit, and delete custom pages. This is for the admin who isn't familiar with coding but wants to make their own page. It supports bbcode (thanks to k776). I wanted drop down boxes but they gave me problems then I thought of using links.

I'll be putting this on MyBB's mods site after I do some copyright text. The reason why i'm releasing a beta is because I know there are members that know more about php.

http://harmor.zeeblo.com/mybb/myhacks/custompage.zip
Nice, I will use that with 1.0 (formaly known as gold Smile )
Very good! Is there any way it can be changed to allow for HTML?
Well, harmor and myself have joined together and I must say, its looking very good. HTML isn't turned on atm, but some new features include:
  • Everything is done in the front end now, in one file called custompage.php. No more Admin CP changes needed (at the moment) or multiple uploads
  • The ability to change customname.php to anything you want (clanpages.php, guild.php), make a small php edit and it wont stuff anything up

• Unlimited addable and editable pages for Admins
  • One addable and editable page per account for everyone else
  • BBCode and Smilie inserter bars on the add and edit pages
  • "Created by:" text while viewing the custom page to see who made it

• A brand new layout using more tables and MyBB's CSS for neatness
  • Now uses the navbit, instead of showing just your board name all the time

• A "Search Custom Pages" feature, to find a page that interests you
  • A "Popular 10" and "Recent 10" box for the latest and most viewed custom pages

• A little copyright text (so people who like the mod will visit and download it)
And its still not finished. Theres one more feature that needs to be added (I wont say what) before the release, and lots of testing (and bug fixing). If you would like to help beta test the next version, please sign up at http://harmor.zeeblo.com/mybb/ and let me know via PM at that forum.
Sounds great, I will sign up!
Well, I've just added 2 new features. One I forgot about when I was making the original post, and one I just added to the code 5 mins ago. Can you spot them. Wink
Sounds Great.

So is this mod compatible with MyBB 1.0 PR2.
No, its not. It was for RC4. But now that 1.0 is released, I see no reason why we shouldn't upgrade it.
Just an update. http://harmor.zeeblo.com/mybb/ was successfully upgraded to MyBB 1.0 PR2 and the Custom Page mod has been successfully updated to work with it. The mod has also had more features and several bugs fixes since my last post. Some of these include:
  • A total recoding of the files structure to implement some of the new features
  • A search box is now on the "Non-Existant" page
  • All ""Created by" usernames now link to their profile
  • The Subject and Content fields can no longer be submitted empty)
  • Searchs must now be 3 or more charactures in length to reduce server load on forums with lots of custom pages
  • When searching, it now has multipage support to reduce server load on forums with lots of custom pages
  • All but two nopermission(); (shown when trying to add a custom page while logged out) and all error(); have been replaced with a custom error message so its suits the mod.
And its still in development with several more features expected!

We NEED more beta testers though. There is only 4 people atm (including myself and harmor), and we need people of different usergroups and permissions to test it and make sure its working. Please, if you want to test this mod, join up at http://harmor.zeeblo.com/mybb/ and send me a PM. I'll add you to the beta testing group ASAP.
What exactly is the custom pages mod for? Is it essentially an easy way to add new pages to your forum that inherit the current template and theme? So for instance, if you have a forum for a clan and you wanted to have a clan ladder ranking page you could use the custom page mod for this?

Also, does this mod allow you to use php and html in the custom page?

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4