MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: You do not have permission to access this page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is seem when a registered user sends an e-mail. It tries to show an area called Board Message. Presumably, I have disabled this somewhere along the way. Any clues where to start looking?

Thanks
Users and Groups > Groups > Registered > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous > and its the bottom-most option. See if its checked, and that users haven't exceeded their daily quota.
Yes, it's checked and no quotas are being exceeded. The message sending works. It's just that MyBB can't display the screen it goes back to afterwards.

I've done a quick test from here (mybboard.net) and the screen it goes back to should be Private Messages. On my board, it tries to go back to a screen called Board Message which appears not to have permissions set for Registered users to see. I've re-checked this today and everything seems to be working correctly though I haven't consciously changed anything to affect this.

What is a Board Message and how do I get to it?
Board Message isn't a page, its just the generic error MyBB throws when there aren't any permissions or the board is closed. Can you post the url MyBB returns the user to after sending the message?
Are you using the English language pack?
Yes, well, English as far as the English (American) language pack is concerned.
(2008-08-06, 06:34 AM)quacktacular Wrote: [ -> ]Board Message isn't a page, its just the generic error MyBB throws when there aren't any permissions or the board is closed. Can you post the url MyBB returns the user to after sending the message?
I'll have to see if I can reproduce it today. It did this yesterday but isn't doing it today for some reason.