MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Chinese translation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)

Hi guys! I am working on the Chinese translation of MyBB!
Wish me luck! Big Grin

Version: MyBB 1.0 PR 2

Process: 25%

Preview:
[attachment=1137] (Chinese Documentation of PR 2)
I'm assuming that the messed-up characters are because you have not specified the correct character set to be used. It will be much easier for translators to set this in the next release. For now I think your best shot is editing the headerinclude template to change the character set there; I assume it will apply to the translated strings as well.

I recently read that Chinese is a fairly big language on the internet nowadays (10 percent), so MyBB in Chinese would be a great thing if you ask me Smile

As for Japanese, I don't know how fluent you are in it but it's recommended to translate into your native language only. However, I think you could also find a native speaker to check your work. Good luck!
AQuarius Wrote:BTW, what do you guys think of the potential of myBB Chinese?
Go for it man, There's over 1 billion chinese folk, so Itll be a great thing to have the language... Big Grin
Damn right!

I'm doing Traditional Chinese.. which is for users from Taiwan. phpBB Taiwan official site have 36010 registered members, I'm sure myBB have higher potential ! Big Grin
Lol. 1.0 came out Toungue Well, PR2 atleast Toungue You should consider translating that instead.
another question..

Am I allowed to translate files in /install/ ?
I saw a "DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE" message and i was just wondering
To keep it short: No, you're not.
then how can I translate it?
Sad

oh btw guys
you can check my complete work so far here, the board translation is 60% done: http://mybboard.aqua.chumhost.com/

doesn't matter if u cant read the mysterious characters Big Grin
You cannot translate the installer yet, this was suggested on the beta forums actually as a future improvement.
And hopefully will get included in the next release (1.1, semi-feature release) because what good is a board if people dont understand how to install.
Pages: 1 2