MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird Upgrade I did
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried a weird upgrade. I uploaded everything in the Upload directory to a fresh new folder on my server. Then I uploaded my old config.php and settings.php. After that I followed the upgrade.php and bam. I had my mybb installation. Is that okay? Will everything work fine?

Also, the new mybb seems a little slower. Or is that only me?

Please and Thank you.
That's the correct way to update a forum.
Thank you. Is 1.4 faster or slower than 1.2? Has anyone done a speed check or something?
Well it does use a lot more ajax so it may seem slower since java is handled on the client side. Although I haven't noticed any speed difference.
Obviously, MyBB 1.4 is a large improvement with almost double the amount of code so things may be just a touch slower (talking 0.01 seconds or less of a difference) - Even so, MyBB 1.4 contains hundreds upon hundreds of optimizations that should speed up many areas of 1.2 that were previously slower. Over all you should notice about the same, or faster speeds in 1.4, even though we've packed in a lot more features.