MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need help reg. few issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I upgraded MyBB 1.2 to 1.4. for 1.4
I made the forum width as fixed, something like 900px. I dont know its because of this or someother thing....my smiley popup window, buddy list window are appearing to be fixed too. they are not fluid.

Also, the jump.gif of images (the green arrow) is not showing up when it is normally shown on quoted messages of other forums.

I have not done any template chages except I made the forum to be of fixed width and had its margin to auto so it comes to center properly.

I think I added the forum width in the global css stylesheet.
Please advise!

Thanks in advance!!!
Have you reverted all customized 1.2 templates?

The Buddy and smiley popups open at a predefined size, but AFAIK you can resize them by dragging the corner on most browsers. They should not be affected by a change in #container's width. I could see this problem happening if you changed body's width which would affect the popups. Can you please share a link to your forum?
thanks for yr quick reply!
when I upgraded from 1.2 to 1.4....i replaced all the files of 1.2 to 1.4 and then I ran the upgrade script and everything went fine. I didnt have any customized 1.2 templates. Anyways, first I was changing the width of the forum in the wrong section. Now I know that the width should be changed in the #container section. But still my forum in not centered when I put margin: auto auto; there. Where exactly do i do that. Changing the width in the container section is no more changing the width setting of other opoup windows.

But I am still unable to see jump.gif (the gree arrow image) on the messages which are quoted.

Now I just need help to get the forum centered and to display that green arrow.

thanks!
the green arrow is also missing on quotes on personal messages.

should i try replacing few templates?
Delete width: 100% from the body selector in your theme. That should fix the centering problem.

Open up your theme in Advanced Mode and add this:
.quick_jump {
background: url(images/jump.gif) no-repeat 0px 50%;
border: none;
height: 13px;
padding-left: 13px;
vertical-align: middle;
width: 13px;}
(2008-08-06, 06:28 AM)quacktacular Wrote: [ -> ]Delete width: 100% from the body selector in your theme. That should fix the centering problem.
This worked perfectly! Thanks a ton!!!

However when you say that I should open my theme in advanced mode, do you mean open the global.css, body in the advanced mode.
thanks!
Open global.css in the advanced mode an add the code I posted above. That's the class that makes the jump button appear and it seemed to missing from your CSS.
it worked.
thanks a million!