MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: About CHMOD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ummmm...
I have 3 question, all about CHMOD...

1. Are the wiki about CHMOD Files is for the latest ver of myBB (1.4)??
Is it the same with 1.2?? Arent the files between 1.2 and 1.4 different?? In this case, i cant find inc/config.php in 1.4

FYI, a week ago I installed my testing forum (myBB 1.2) and i followed that wiki when im installing it... So I kinda remember what files and folder need CHMOD..

2. In that wiki also there is optional changes for extra functionality. What are the extra functionality?? And do I need to CHMOD-ing it also for 1.4??

(To sum question 1 and 2, maybe I just need what files that need to CHMOD-ing)

3. Do I need to return the CHMOD value back to default or just leaving the CHMOD changed (666 and 777) after installation??

Thx Smile
there the same and the reason why you cant find inc/config.php it isnt included in the package you have to manually rename inc/config.default.php to inc/config.php, and cache is new, u need to chmod it to 777 the ones that wiki has are the same you just have to chmod cache thats a new thing in the wiki, and u leave the chmod to 666 and 777, yes
(2008-08-05, 11:49 PM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]there the same and the reason why you cant find inc/config.php it isnt included in the package you have to manually rename inc/config.default.php to inc/config.php

No you don't need to manually rename it and you shouldn't. The upgrader will do this for you at the appropriate step. The only reason why you should manually rename it, is if the upgrader/installer asks you to.
well i installed a fresh copy of mybb 1.4 and it said plz rename to inc/config.php that was the knowledge i knew, i didnt know the upgrader does it for you.
Where exactly does it say to rename it?
when i uploaded my files and did the install one of the steps i dont remember which one it was asked me to rename it
Okay, well it will only ask you to do it manually, like I said, if it can't do it its self.
ya i see
So the installer will say something if there are wrong issue on CHMOD??

Ok.. thx Smile
no, in your admin control panel you go to the tab tools and maintenance and at the bottom you'll see CHMOD Files and directories and that will tell you what's writtable and whats not writtable.
well, actually yes the installer will tell you
Pages: 1 2