MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Upgrade 1.1.8 -> 1.4 (problems in upgrade5.php) [R] [C-Michael83]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2009-01-08, 08:12 PM)FraGe Wrote: [ -> ]Downloading the Versions I realized, that Michaels patches were not integrated in the New Version. I guess nobody is interested in this upgrade anyway, but just in case .... , I would update the files.

Everything that is marked as fixed currently will only be seen in the 1.4.5 update.
Ah, ok, sorry.
But just to announce it: finally we had to do the hard way from 1.1.8 to 1.2.6 to 1.2.14 to 1.4.4

I guess nobody is interested in upgrading from Versions 1.x any more, so there's no need to fix errors, but I wanted to state, that it doesn't work to upgrade to 1.4.4 directly Sad

When finishing the convertation all the themes are gone - the standard too and there's no possibility to import new themes, there are a lot of Error500 all over the board and so on.

(At least with my 60MB Database Sad)

Nevertheless it worked like a charm upgrading over the other versions, so I'm a happy 1.4.4 User right now Smile
(2009-01-14, 04:56 PM)FraGe Wrote: [ -> ]I guess nobody is interested in upgrading from Versions 1.x any more, so there's no need to fix errors, but I wanted to state, that it doesn't work to upgrade to 1.4.4 directly Sad

The errors you reported were fixed for 1.4.5.

(2009-01-14, 04:56 PM)FraGe Wrote: [ -> ]When finishing the convertation all the themes are gone

MyBB 1.2 was a huge change in themes and therefore are forced to be reverted.

(2009-01-14, 04:56 PM)FraGe Wrote: [ -> ]the standard too and there's no possibility to import new themes

The Theme Import works fine it for use MyBB 1.4 compatible themes. Otherwise it's an issue with your host

(2009-01-14, 04:56 PM)FraGe Wrote: [ -> ]there are a lot of Error500 all over the board and so on.

Either that is a problem with your theme/host or you didn't upload all the files properly.
thanks for your reply, when there's time, I will try to find those errors with a smaller database.
(how could I shrink my database for example delete 100000 posts?)

So it would be easier to test.

I am still running several versions on my local server, so I could give it some more tries, but I already tried for some days, so I am pretty sure, that there are some existing issues.

Nevermind, if I find something, I will be glad to announce it here.
Pages: 1 2