MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a couple questions and so that I'd love to get answers on, ty.
  • Is there any way to see, who gave someone rep, good or bad? like vBulletin forums.

• If someone gives a rep on a topic, then the admin deletes that topic, there is still a trace on the User CP, is it possible to delete that rep then?

• Whenever I got to the cache manager I get this error(why)?; Fatal error: Cannot use object of type datacache as array in admin\maintenance.php on line 87

• How do I add graphics, as "administator" graphic under the title Administator?

• What is DB Maintaince, and when should I use it?

• Is it possible to add arcades to MyBB forums?

• If someone vote to a poll, people can see the names of what users voted, is it possible to disable it to everyone except administators?

• More to come later, Thanks for reading and answering. Smile
4ccount Wrote:Is there any way to see, who gave someone rep, good or bad? like vBulletin forums.
No, there ins't anything like that by default. But if you switch to Smetheads alternate rating system, you can.
http://smethead.webdevote.com/mybbmods/s...s/nars.jpg
http://smethead.webdevote.com/mybbmods/d...hp?file=11

4ccount Wrote:If someone gives a rep on a topic, then the admin deletes that topic, there is still a trace on the User CP, is it possible to delete that rep then?
Yes, it is possible by inserting a DELETE sql query. Where and what exactly you need to put, I doint know off the top of my head. And I dont have time to find out. But my guess is in editpost.php?action=deletepost, and $db->query("DELETE FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."reputations WHERE pid='$postid'"); or something similar.

4ccount Wrote:Whenever I got to the cache manager I get this error(why)?; Fatal error: Cannot use object of type datacache as array in admin\maintenance.php on line 87
See this post.
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...75#pid8975

4ccount Wrote:How do I add graphics, as "administator" graphic under the title Administator?
Off the top of my head, something like Admin CP > Users and Groups > Manage Groups > Administrator > Group Image > images/groupimages/team-administrator.gif

4ccount Wrote:What is DB Maintaince, and when should I use it?
DB mantainence is used when you delete huge amounts of posts, threads, reputations etc. Running it optimizes the DB so things run faster and I guess, removes any things left behind.

4ccount Wrote:Is it possible to add arcades to MyBB forums?
See this site. It has an ipbProArcade copy.
http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/407/
Or see the support thread.
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=1526

4ccount Wrote:If someone vote to a poll, people can see the names of what users voted, is it possible to disable it to everyone except administators?
Not that I know of. You can show names to everyone, or dont show names at all, but nothing in between.
Thank you alot ALOT alot for your answers.

Good luck!
Another small problem, When trying to prune all mod and admin logs it wont prune, no errors or anything, any ideas?

Edit; Absolutly sure, that you can't check who gave someone rep, someone keep giving people bad rep in my forum for no reason I need to find out who and ask him why. Any help on this would be great.

Thanks.
4ccount Wrote:Another small problem, When trying to prune all mod and admin logs it wont prune, no errors or anything, any ideas?
Sad Never heard of this problem before. But it seems to be fixed in MyBB 1.0. Until then, delete them from mybb_adminlogs and mybb_modlogs (or whatever prefix you chose) using phpMyAdmin.

4ccount Wrote:Absolutly sure, that you can't check who gave someone rep, someone keep giving people bad rep in my forum for no reason I need to find out who and ask him why. Any help on this would be great.
Yep. And its not in MyBB 1.0 either. Personally, I feel its a privacy issue. If people knew who gave them a bad rep they would retaliate and give them heaps of bad reps. And it would keep continuing. You can find out using phpMyAdmin though. Find the rep, see the uid of who gave it, and search for the username of that uid.
4ccount Wrote:Another small problem, When trying to prune all mod and admin logs it wont prune, no errors or anything, any ideas?

Edit; Absolutly sure, that you can't check who gave someone rep, someone keep giving people bad rep in my forum for no reason I need to find out who and ask him why. Any help on this would be great.

Thanks.

Go to your phpadmin

Login and open the mybb DB

Check mybb_reputation

Say: Show all

The adduid column is the uid who gave the reputation

The reputation column is the amount of reputation (admins give 5 normal users give 1 by default)

The uid column is the uid who got the reputation

(And I guess pid is the post they got the rep for)

To figure out which uid is which u have to open the mybb_users table.

Good luck Smile

BTW, here u also can change the reps
I don't know how to thank you but, thanks alot for your hepl. I'm going to try that rep check now. Smile Thanks for everything.
how do you switch to smetheads rating system?
Toungue Um, install it Toungue Go check is mod thread in Code Modifications forum.