MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Usage of {$adminoptions} in templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It was functional in the 1.2.1X versions but it doesn't seem to work now. When I put it there with the modoptions, only the modoptions appear and the adminoptions don't appear.

Even if I put the adminoptions without the modoptions, the adminoptions still don't appear. Has the variable changed from {$adminoptions} to something else already?

Thanks in advance.
What info were you trying to get out of $adminoptions and which page was it on?
I'm guessing user profiles, as I had the same issue there.
Could you be any more specific?
{$adminoptions} doesn't work in 1.4 in user profiles... only {$modoptions} does... The default option for this was {$adminoptions} in 1.2, but the default in 1.4 is {$modoptions} and {$adminoptions} simply doesn't work...

That's about it, really.
Oh well that's because the Mod CP can do the user edit and ban. Why enter in the Admin CP when Mod CP can do the same?

Ok well yes there are some things you can't do with the Mod CP such as changing the user's options, etc. I guess we could have a link for that, but that is more of a feature suggestion.
Because the Mod CP isn't as full-featured as the Admin CP (IE. can't do things with IP addresses, can't delete, can't check referred users or view attachments etc etc etc) so it's an inconvenience to have to manually go to the Admin CP and find the user and then edit it. I have nothing against the Mod CP, it would just be nice to have the option of both (And there's no reason why they can't be there, it's not exactly like they are a grave aesthetical mishap or a big dent in the overall code size...)
(2008-08-06, 10:57 PM)bobbit Wrote: [ -> ]Because the Mod CP isn't as full-featured as the Admin CP (IE. can't do things with IP addresses, can't delete, can't check referred users or view attachments etc etc etc) so it's an inconvenience to have to manually go to the Admin CP and find the user and then edit it. I have nothing against the Mod CP, it would just be nice to have the option of both (And there's no reason why they can't be there, it's not exactly like they are a grave aesthetical mishap or a big dent in the overall code size...)

Having a link to edit the user in the Admin CP wouldn't help in those situations anyway, as none of the examples you included are on the Edit User page. You'd still have to search for the user to access IP addresses, referred users, attachments, etc.

Regardless, I do agree that there should be a link for administrators taking them to the page to edit the user in the Admin CP - either on the profile or possibly from the edit user page in the Mod CP.
But that's how it use to work. The box that {$modpanel} creates is exactly the same as the old admin one, except 'Admin CP' has been replaced with 'Mod CP' in both lines.

But yeah, a link in future updates would be lovely Smile
Is it that hard to press a few links?
Pages: 1 2 3