MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: blank page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I said I'd do this the other day and didn't get round to it, so I'm going to do it right now.
(2009-01-14, 03:51 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]If you're using a free host, which one are you using? There's a few out there (quite good ones) that have mySQL 5.
Oh, that's a long story Smile, but one thing is sure, for next months none of server admins can upgrade sql...
(2009-01-14, 03:51 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]If changing hosts is out of the question, then we'll need to give you a MyBB package that is "installed", and you just upload the contents. Unfortunately, I can't at the moment, so hopefully someone will be able to do that for you if it's needed Smile
Wow! Did not know even that its possible to do like that. Is it?
That would be a wonderful solution!
That's what I was going to do Big Grin
I have the same problem. I've uploaded the newest version (previously had the 1.2 installed) and when I went to ./install/upgrade.php I got a blank page. MySQL version is 5.0.67 so that isn't the problem. Can anyone help me? I tried the suggestions from the links already and they made no difference.
Obviously we are facing a mass-phenomena with this issue Smile
I really hope to see a real solution finally Smile
(2009-01-16, 10:52 AM)Tilia Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem. I've uploaded the newest version (previously had the 1.2 installed) and when I went to ./install/upgrade.php I got a blank page. MySQL version is 5.0.67 so that isn't the problem. Can anyone help me? I tried the suggestions from the links already and they made no difference.

What sub-version of 1.2?? Just 1.2 isn't really helpful. I've seen a few times that coming from 1.2.2 to 1.4.4 needs to go via 1.2.14, but apart from that, I've not noticed anything.
Where can I find the 1.2.14 then?
Found the download, I'm trying it now.
I get the same blank page. Sad
BTW My version was the 1.2.2 or 1.2.3
Okay, since the updates didn't work I deleted all those files and placed the old files back, result: still a blank page! WTF is going on??? Has this to do with the database or what? I didn't change anything there, I only made a back-up of it.
(2009-01-28, 09:41 AM)Tilia Wrote: [ -> ]WTF is going on??? Has this to do with the database or what? I didn't change anything there, I only made a back-up of it.
Sorry Tilia, the sad truth is that version 1.4 is just not going to work with mysql 4, so far as i know, so yes its a database issue.Undecided
Me? I am waiting for a solution as well, because i have only sql 4 on my host, and can't upgrade now. So i am stack with old version, yet.Undecided

p.s. frankly no one would state that clear in here to avoid confusion Huh
As I said before I have MySQL 5.0.67 so that isn't the problem.
What, so going from 1.2.2 to 1.2.14 still gives you a blank page?? I've done that process quite a few times and it's always been fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6