MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Maybe bug with "select box"??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched and searched for someone having a similar issue as I am.

Background:

I am very new to myBB, I have created several custom profile fields and am trying to use those to create a roster of sorts through the memberlist. The problem is that there seems to be a "bug" where any option selected in a "select box" through the Admin CP in Firefox is lost when you try to update a profile. If I use IE, it works fine and if I use for example the "radio buttons" instead of "select box" for the field type, it works.

Also, no matter what field type I use, if I edit the profile through the AdminCP it will NOT save the options for anything other than textboxes/areas.

I have applied every fix for the custom profiles problems I could find, but that still has not resolved the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if any more info is needed, I will be more than happy to provide any and all I can. Smile
Are you saying that the custom drop down menu doesn't work?
Check and make sure you have the ending </select> tag.
I knew it would come out all befuddled, staring at templates for 7 hours will do that. Smile

Ok let's try this again:

If I set my options in my custom fields through the UserCP, it will always work.

If I set them through the AdminCP in IE, it will always work.

If I set them through the AdminCP in Firefox, IF it is a "select box", then it seems to "lose" my options upon updating the profile.

No matter how I set them, it doesn't "save" my option in the AdminCP. If I refesh and go back and try to change one of the options and don't set the others, it will "lose" the other options it previously had.

Hope that makes more sense...I think I need more caffiene. Wink

Where would I look for a missing </select> in users.php?
Try Ctrl F5 Smile
Snake Wrote:Try Ctrl F5 Smile

Oh how I wish that was it. However, given the information I provided (for example that it will lose information that is already there), it's pretty obvious it isn't. Smile But when working on something I constantly clear my cache anyway, so definitely not the problem this time.

This is definitely one of those instances where a demo would really come in handy. Smile
Not quite the same problem but I have a similar problem with custom fields in the profile. I fixed it once but I have scince reinstalled mybb and lost the fix. I have now made the decision to wait till mybb 1.0 is released.

EDIT:

Ah here's my original thread http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...19#pid8619

And here's the fix http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=888 this will resolve any issues users have from the UserCP but did not resolve the issue with the AdminCP when useing FireFox
Just thought I'd let you know the issue (for me anyway) is resolved in MyBB 1.0 PR2