MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change style of the javascript text editor in MyBB 1.4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed the new myBB forum and am having trouble changing the style, i.e. color of the font dropdown menu, etc, for the built-in text editor when I make new posts.

I tried the editor{} of the stylesheet in admin control panel but it doesn't seem to change anything about the text editor.

Is there a way of modifying? I want to set the background of the font selection drop-down menu on the text editor to black.
I am wondering this too. On my forum it shows up as white background with white text.

Also, does anyone know where in the css we can change the color of this?
[Image: 35726002us3.png]
(2008-08-07, 05:27 AM)scj_29 Wrote: [ -> ]I am wondering this too. On my forum it shows up as white background with white text.

The pagination style sheets.
(2008-08-07, 05:42 AM)Tamer Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-07, 05:27 AM)scj_29 Wrote: [ -> ]I am wondering this too. On my forum it shows up as white background with white text.

The pagination style sheets.

Anyone on the javascript editor?
Hm.. Sorry for the impatience. So I'm assuming we can't do this then?

(2008-08-07, 05:42 AM)Tamer Brad Wrote: [ -> ]The pagination style sheets.
Thanks for that, by the way. Wink
(2008-08-08, 02:44 AM)scj_29 Wrote: [ -> ]Hm.. Sorry for the impatience. So I'm assuming we can't do this then?

(2008-08-07, 05:42 AM)Tamer Brad Wrote: [ -> ]The pagination style sheets.
Thanks for that, by the way. Wink

Yeah, no one seems to know, so I just disabled the editor, which was really impacting the looks of my site.
So it looks like I am a few years late, but, I just ran into the same problem as this forum thread. I was googling the issue, found the thread, and just gave up looking because I couldn't find an answer. I did however figure this out and will share with the group.

It turns out there is a separate style sheet for the text editor. It is located in

jscripts >> editor_themes >> default

Open the style sheet stylesheet.css

Now, there are quite a big of styles in here, and, each edit a small bit of the text editor. I will past my additions to the drop down menu styles below along with a description of what those styles change. You can search for these styles yourself and edit them as you see fit for your template.

.messageEditor .toolbar_dropdown .editor_dropdown_label {
/* The Drop Down Menus */
	min-width: 120px;
	background: #333333;
	color:cccccc;
	padding: 3px 4px;
	margin-right: 14px;
	border: 1px solid #aaa;
	border-right: 0;
	height: 14px;
	overflow: hidden;
}

.messageEditor .toolbar_dropdown_over .editor_dropdown_label, .messageEditor .editor_dropdown_menu_open .editor_dropdown_label {
	/* Hover over drop down menu font */
	border-color: #5296f7;
	color:#CCCCCC;
}

.messageEditor .editor_dropdown_menu li {
/* Item in drop down menu */
	list-style: none;
	padding: 3px 3px 3px 12px;
	margin: 0;
	position: relative;
	cursor: pointer;
	color:#333333;
}

.messageEditor .editor_dropdown_menu_title {
/*Top Part of Dropdown*/
	background: #efefef;
	padding-left: 3px;
	border-bottom: 1px solid #aaa;
	color: #666666;
	font-size: 10px;
	font-weight: bold;
}

.messageEditor .editor_dropdown_menu li.editor_dropdown_menu_item_over {
/* Hover over item in drop down menu */
	background-color: #f5f5f5;
	cursor: pointer;
	color:#666666;
}

There are of course other styles all around the 5 listed above, but, these are the major ones and are most likely all you guys will need to edit. I hope this helps others with the same problem. Wink