MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] [NAB] After deleting posts from search page, reports are not removed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After searching for a users's posts and mass-deleting them, reports for the deleted post are not removed.
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.
This is Not A Bug. I'll give you the reason I gave Zinga: We can't just automatically assume that the moderator or administrator wants the report to be marked as read. I may unapprove a post but leave report there because I would want an admin to see it and make the final decision based on what to do with the post. I do that all the time. You would be taking away useful functionality if you made this change.
I agree with Ryan
I replied to Ryan stating that, simply, it makes no sense to have a reported post that doesn't even exist. These sorts of reports can be kept in the log (I presume that's what is meant by "delete" here), rather than kept active.
Unapproving/moving/editing/splitting is fine, but deleting is a different matter.