MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login Plugin from an external script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to create a login plugin for MyBB from my own script. I mean whehn someone creates a new account on my software, my software will insert the account details into MyBB db and creates a forum account for that user. Please advice which tables should I care about in order to insert a new account and what is the password encryption format?

Thanks,
The password uses a salt and an md5 encryption. The table you're looking at is (your_prefix)_users
That's the only table I need to insert into? or is there some table dependencies? Does the salt have any special format/rule/restriction?
Not sure what type of format they use to create the salt, could be an md5 encryption; a MyBB team member or developer would be better at assisting you with details.
Best Regards.
Okay, Look forward hearing from a team member soon.
The table is mybb_users. Obviously place the username in the "username" column, and a md5-hashed password in the "password" column. Leave the "salt" column blank -- MyBB will automatically generate a salt, and hash the password with the salt when the user logs in. Place the email address in the "email" column. Leave the "uid" to the automatic number.