MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: home page looks weird
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why the home page looks weird upon installation? Doesn't it have a theme by default and should I install a theme separately? How can I have the same theme as this website forum here?

[attachment=10343]
To expedite the process of answering the multitude of questions for MyBB 1.4, please include the following information when posting your problems:

* Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary
* URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page
* New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?
* Test user account (if a posting/UserCP issue)
* Screenshot or error text, verbatim

Thanks for your cooperation,
MyBB Support Team

The theme here is used solely for this forum. There isn't a release for it.
I did attach a screenshot to my initial post and this is a new installation.
and css url is this, which is correct and global.css exists in that url.
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.mydomain.com/mybb/cache/themes/theme1/global.css" />
Please advice why the screenshot looks like that?
Go into the settings in your Admin-CP and check that you entered the right URL to your board in the general configuration.
Can you post a link to your forum, if Michael's advice doesn't help?
Yes, the css link look like <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.mydomain.com/mybb/cache/themes/theme1/global.css" />
which is correct. I would pm you my url as I am not going to post it in public.
Does the file cache/themes/theme1/global.css exist on the server?
Sorry, discovered the issue, that was because of folder permission of /cache/ as that was 666 as per documentation and I am on phpSuExec server. I set it back to 755 and problem solved. but setting it back to 755 would cause any problem in admin panel?
(2008-08-07, 10:35 PM)nimasdj Wrote: [ -> ]but setting it back to 755 would cause any problem in admin panel?
No. Just make sure that the cache folder is writeable.
Any other setting than 755 on cache folder results that 403 error. But it seems phpSuExec still will allow php to write into the files[1] and it just denies access from outside which is a security risk.

Am I correct about phpSuExec above? anyway as long as I see it "Writable" in admin/index.php?module=tools even with 755 permission for folders and 644 for files, I think there would be no issue.

[1] I guess this because I see it "Writable" in admin/index.php?module=tools.
Pages: 1 2