MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allowances for Opera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dunno if anyone else has noticed this but the ACP doesn't seem to agree with Opera... it wouldn't load with 1.2.14, and now, it keeps logging me out each time I load a new page with 1.4. I dunno why, and it might just be me, but it works fine in IE7... I normally use Opera for everything else and don't mind using IE to use the ACP, but I would suggest trying to find why it doesn't agree with Opera and maybe releasing a bug fix??
I cannot reproduce this issue as I'm using Opera myself. Make sure cookie domain and path are set up properly: [wiki]Cookies#Cookie_Settings[/wiki]
Did that, still logs me out of the ACP.
I've always used opera and have never had any of these problems...
With 1.2.x it didn't show the ACP pages on the right, and the menus on the left were stretched out... and now it logs me out Sad
MyBB no longer stores admin session via cookies. Instead, the session id is appended to each URL.
That's what I thought, because changing cookie settings didn't help... must be another browser setting I've got selected then.
(2008-08-12, 07:33 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB no longer stores admin session via cookies. Instead, the session id is appended to each URL.
Actually, it's the other way around.
MyBB 1.2 used sids in the URLs, 1.4 uses cookies.

As for the actual issue, I have no idea - especially if it's a browser specific thing only one person is experiencing (all I could recommend is trying a reinstall of the browser).
Opera 9.5x is having problems with the frames of mybb from my understanding. The mouse gestures barely work in it. I had no problems with 1.2x of mybb with 9.27 of Opera.

So far Opera 9.5x has been good with Mybb 1.4x.

Also try turning off cache-headers in mybb. I find that can cause a lot of issues.