MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: the plugin system is great
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I love the plugin system.
All you do is upload a file to the "plugins" directory and activate it in the admin panel.

Good job on PR2 mybb coder(s)
Yup, it is cool aye Big Grin See my two plugins (the first ever publicly available ones Big Grin)
I have you welcome panel mod
so what can be done with the plugin abilities?
You don't need to edit the code.
:O, so no more having to edit php files...

this will be alot better especially with updates and all
squall_leonhart69r Wrote::O, so no more having to edit php files...

this will be alot better especially with updates and all

It really depends on the mod that you are installing. Some will still need you to edit php files.
Indeed. There is "hooks" in the code which allow you to basicly run code where you need to. But any replacing of will still need to be done manually. Like I said above, check out my two plugins. The show heaps of things you can do with it. And if anyone needs help with making plugin (or upgrading to PR2), please let me know.
hopefully the alternative rep will be converted to a plugin
It would be nice to introduce an upgrade plugin system?
Otherwise, if we use the same file name for plugins, there won't be a history of the mods, so we won't know if a user has upgraded or just used a fresh install. I've managed to make it so that my plugin will install everything the first time it's activated (everything in one file), but what if I have to release a new version? It might be difficult depending on the upgrade, to tell if it's a new mod or not.

Maybe a plugin table to keep a history of activated plugins?
Pages: 1 2