MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB1.2 to 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to change MyBB1.2 to 1.4 without upload Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Why not just use the upgrade? It's alot easier than doing it manually, and saves you time, plus you probably won't get any errors. If you do it manually, you might mess something up.
(2008-08-09, 10:35 PM)jimbo47 Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just use the upgrade? It's alot easier than doing it manually, and saves you time, plus you probably won't get any errors. If you do it manually, you might mess something up.
Exactly. I highly recommend you use the included upgrader wizard. Why would you want to do it manually anyway?
Is there a method for backing out of an attempted upgrade...?

I'm trying to sort out an upgrade attempt by another person as we seem to have hit a whole bunch of "The specified thread does not exist" errors and I'm thinking the best way to fix things is to back up to 1.2 and then try again.
(2008-08-10, 04:11 AM)Hawkeyez Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a method for backing out of an attempted upgrade...?

I'm trying to sort out an upgrade attempt by another person as we seem to have hit a whole bunch of "The specified thread does not exist" errors and I'm thinking the best way to fix things is to back up to 1.2 and then try again.

Restore your database backup using phpMyAdmin or BigDump.
Reupload your backed up MyBB 1.2.x files.