MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PR2 and Coppermine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Coppermine won't bridge with PR2, I suspect it's because of all of the changes.

Could someone who knows the PR2 format correct this syntax for me, and I'll see if it works, as that's about the only thing that's not working.

'edituserprofile' => "/member.php?action=profile&uid="

$this->redirect('/member.php?action=login');

$this->redirect('/member.php?action=logout');

Were you able to figure this out?
No,

And I shelved it for a later date. I also don't think Nibbler (Coppermine) is going to jump out of bed to fix it either.. Not for a 'beta' software forum anyway.
anyone get this going yet?
I would like to see this, as Massacre's gallery is full of bugs he refuses to fix or support. I had Coppermine bridged with RC4, but that was shortly before the release of PR2... so, it was pretty much a waste of 15 minutes. Undecided

I have also noticed Ozidave abandoned myBB, as well. They're dropping like flies in here.

IMPAQ Wrote:I have also noticed Ozidave abandoned myBB, as well. They're dropping like flies in here.

The bridging script for Coppermine should be pretty easy to fix considering that the only parameters that need to be changed is the "new" syntax and location of the variables in the various mybb php script files. Something the so-called programmers here should be able to sort out fairly quickly I should imagine.

But their ego is too busy competing against each other in creating new things and arguing among themselves on who is right and who is wrong about most things, rather than pick up the pieces and fix what got broken.

The bridging file is the only one file that needs slight modifications.... I don't know where all of the new syntax is in PR2, and I ain't going to bother to find out.

But no doubt someone will do it, and it will ALL BE FIXED in the next release........... Something else I got sick of hearing about time and time again.

As a support BB, MyBB community sucks. Maybe the Moderators should take a lesson from the Coppermine Forums, where all of the trash is removed so one is NOT sifting through miles of junk when trying to find an answer to a question here.

That would at least be a start, as it's supposed to be a "Support" forum and not one that is FULL of rubbish.
Quote:The bridging script for Coppermine should be pretty easy to fix considering that the only parameters that need to be changed is the "new" syntax and location of the variables in the various mybb php script files. Something the so-called programmers here should be able to sort out fairly quickly I should imagine.
The Coppermine bridge is no responsibility of ours. It was not created by us, supported or endorsed by us at all and as the license agreement states, we cannot (but will try) to support modified copies.

If we wish to further develop MyBB, we need to make changes. Changes will break compatibility with existing modifications - however it isn't our job to provide 100% backwards compatibility.

Quote:But their ego is too busy competing against each other in creating new things and arguing among themselves on who is right and who is wrong about most things, rather than pick up the pieces and fix what got broken.
As I said, the Coppermine bridge is none of our responsibility. Our responsibility is developing MyBB, fixing any problems which are found and releasing new versions.

We're competing in a competitive market too, so we have to develop things to get up the top.

Quote:But no doubt someone will do it, and it will ALL BE FIXED in the next release........... Something else I got sick of hearing about time and time again.
We cannot have everything fixed, and correct me if I'm wrong but we've never said that. There will always be issues. We cannot just release an instant "update" to the MyBB code while it is in development. Would you like a half functional copy where none of the Javascript works? That is currently where the code stands at.

Quote:As a support BB, MyBB community sucks. Maybe the Moderators should take a lesson from the Coppermine Forums, where all of the trash is removed so one is NOT sifting through miles of junk when trying to find an answer to a question here.

That would at least be a start, as it's supposed to be a "Support" forum and not one that is FULL of rubbish.
First, as everyone says - the search is what you should try first.

Secondly, we sift out the crap as much as possible but we can't go playing with peoples support issues, moving them around or anything.

If you can find some "rubbish", i'll gladly remove it.
I think a coppermine/mybb bridge would be great... especially since it seems no one wants to build a gallery from scratch. (Why would they?) Anyways, well, hope you can see past the "rubbish" and embrace myBB for what it is... the best free forum solution out there.

I get frustrated too (still waiting on an answer to my sig problem), so, I feel ya, but... things are starting to rev up around here, so, I guess... patience is the key.
Just a few months ago I questioned using this software. My recent bad experiences with a certain toplist creator has gone south, and I paid for that. So I was pulled between buying forum software or giving this a chance.
I'm came in right when rc4 was introduced. So I dont know how it was before that, but I've noticed the last month and a half it's really picked up here and mods are being developed faster, a larger community is starting to emerge, and the forum software has risen to my expectations and beyond in some instances as a end user. This is grade "A" stuff! And I hear there's more to come.
I really couldn't be happier where I am. I wish other developers followed Chris's path. He keeps up on security issues, always doing development and giving us a better product. He don't shove it in the background and say to heck with everyone and treat people like dirt. He's proud of his work and it shows. I've waited over 2 years for any barebones features to be added to my toplist software from the developer and it still hasn't happened, so you can imagine how I feel about mybb. Never had a chance to say it but Thanks Chris. Smile
Quote:I get frustrated too (still waiting on an answer to my sig problem), so, I feel ya, but... things are starting to rev up around here, so, I guess... patience is the key.
Indeed they are, and soon we'll probably be after a few more active members who know alot about MyBB, active, and want to join the support team so we can keep on top of issues like this.

In terms of support, we want to know where we're currently going wrong, and what we can do to improve these forums and our support. We want you guys to be happy along with us. Wink

hemi, thanks for the very kind words. It's put me in a better mood for today Toungue

Thanks!,
Chris
Pages: 1 2