MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.4] Groups Ads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow, I must have forgotten to save it before I uploaded it. New file has being uploaded to mods section. Awaiting validation. You can download from original post now as well.
I may quote from the agreement of my plugin:
You are not allowed to redistribute this plugin or a modified version without the permission of the author.
As you didn't ask for permission I advise you to remove the downloads of your plugin. 90% of you code is taken from my plugin.

I also updated the ads after first post plugin this morning to add the functionality to show ads to certain usergroups because several users requested it.
(2008-08-12, 12:00 PM)Michael83 Wrote: [ -> ]I may quote from the agreement of my plugin:
You are not allowed to redistribute this plugin or a modified version without the permission of the author.
As you didn't ask for permission I advise you to remove the downloads of your plugin. 90% of you code is taken from my plugin.

I also updated the ads after first post plugin this morning to add the functionality to show ads to certain usergroups because several users requested it.

I'm just trying to help people. If you have a look at it, it is not your plugin modified. It is my plugin with code similar to yours. I used your plugin's code as my main guide since this was my first plugin... that doesn't mean I copied yours or modified it. I also gave you credit when I didn't have to...
(2008-08-12, 08:14 PM)jnd52 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just trying to help people.
That's really nice and I appreaciate it. But please not like this.
(2008-08-12, 08:14 PM)jnd52 Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a look at it, it is not your plugin modified. It is my plugin with code similar to yours.
With similar you mean that you changed the name of the functions and variables? The only thing I can see you really changed is that you added support for a usergroup based ad system.
(2008-08-12, 08:14 PM)jnd52 Wrote: [ -> ]I used your plugin's code as my main guide since this was my first plugin... that doesn't mean I copied yours or modified it.
You did.
(2008-08-12, 08:14 PM)jnd52 Wrote: [ -> ]I also gave you credit when I didn't have to...
Well, you didn't even had permission to modify my plugin and make it available for download. So the least you could do was giving me credit.
I have translated the plugin to spanish,
If you want to download this GREAT plugin in spanish, donwload de file attachment.
PSDT:
jnd52: can you please put a download link to this plugin in spanish?
THIS is the first succeed work of MYBB-ES.com

Note:
Install in: INC - PLUGINS - GROUPADS.PHP
(2008-08-13, 12:45 AM)Michael83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-12, 08:14 PM)jnd52 Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a look at it, it is not your plugin modified. It is my plugin with code similar to yours.
With similar you mean that you changed the name of the functions and variables? The only thing I can see you really changed is that you added support for a usergroup based ad system.
(2008-08-12, 08:14 PM)jnd52 Wrote: [ -> ]I used your plugin's code as my main guide since this was my first plugin... that doesn't mean I copied yours or modified it.
You did.

I'm sorry if you think I have just copied or modified your plugin. I assure you that it is not the case. I agree that my plugin does almost the same thing as yours, but that does not make it the same code or plugin. If you want to talk further about this matter, please use private messages.
why is there not preview..
There doesn't have to be a preview, but I will add one later today.
ok sounds cool
the ads don't show up, and i activated it and set the setting to "yes, show it"

can someone tell me, which templates should have what code, for it to work? maybe i can add it manually?

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2