MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Report a bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
MyBB is not sending any email and in Server log I see the error "Server does not understand MAIL FROM command", I contacted my hostmaster and he said:

Quote:The server understands the commands. The problem is the script you are using has a syntax error in how it is trying to send the commands:

2008-08-10 07:16:37 SMTP syntax error in "MAIL FROM:<"My Forums" <[email protected]>>" H=(mydomain.com) [x.x.x.x]:57789 I=[x.x.x.x]:25 "@" or "." expected after ""My Forums""

Please fix it soon and let us know.
any answer yet what should I do to fix this? what should I set or edit?
Hi,

Can you please try this file? It goes in inc/
Yes Mass Mail and account activation email are sending fine now! But I did read some other bugs by other users such as umlaut and utf8 things in emails. Are they fixed in this attached file too?
If you answer this http://community.mybboard.net/thread-35523.html too then I am fine with MyBB! Smile
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.
The attached file simply fixes the bug with MAIL FROM
Okay as I am not German so no problem with umlaut or utf8. the activation email was more urgent than utf8 as you kindly fixed it for me. Smile
I used this fixed file, and I'm still getting "The mail server does not understand the MAIL FROM command" error in my logs!
I used this file, and the error no longer occurs, and my mass mail actually says "Delivered". But it's still not sending any email, this is not a problem with my host, I have tried the PHP mail function and 3 different SMTP servers. If I upload any PHP script to send emails, it sends emails just fine using PHP mail(), but MyBB won't.
It works fine for nimasdj?
Yes, this is a very confusing issue, but I'm pretty sure MyBB is the problem, because if I upload a simple mail() test script to my MyBB directory and access it in the browser, I get the email, but MyBB just keeps saying that email is 'Delivered' with no errors in the log, and nothing is sent. Activation emails do not get sent either, which is becoming a problem on my website: http://mercx.exofire.net If you would like, I can give you access to whatever I can on my server to fix this issue, my host has already given up.
Pages: 1 2 3