MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request] Facebook Connect Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I vote for this. I hope who's expert can release this plugin.
I'm really interested in getting the ball rolling, so how many people are willing to pay in order to find a coder to make this?

I personally will.

If we can get a few people to chip in and the plugin then would be free for those who are unable, sort of like a community project in which is sponsored by certain people to be made. After this is sorted, we just need someone who is able to take it on. I don't blame anyone for not providing a free plugin which does this, I assume it would be awkward to maintain but why nobody takes it on when it worthwhile I don't know.

Lets hope.
Anything happening with this?
i think this plugin needs an app API of facebook.. well I try make one Smile later..
thanks for the Idea.. Toungue
great idea Shy
i'd tried doing this,

Cons: if a user uses facebook it wont add a new registered user on your forum, it will only act as a login user Smile

may not have a permission to post a topic or thread.
The API is available not a big issue out there, we just need a coder to do so. My knowledge is far basic to do so.

But what the coder/plugin developer could do is ever first login by any Facebook User could create a user directly in the mybb db. Also the user would be asked to fill in some details before he/she could proceed ahead with the posting rights.
his would help the user use the facebook name instead of a username. Could that be possible?
(2009-11-11, 06:28 PM)Kerrang! Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really interested in getting the ball rolling, so how many people are willing to pay in order to find a coder to make this?

I personally will.

If we can get a few people to chip in and the plugin then would be free for those who are unable, sort of like a community project in which is sponsored by certain people to be made. After this is sorted, we just need someone who is able to take it on. I don't blame anyone for not providing a free plugin which does this, I assume it would be awkward to maintain but why nobody takes it on when it worthwhile I don't know.

Lets hope.

Yup am ready to pay but only if we get a few more users, atleast 10-15? Its a community where in we would provide if for free once we get a coder to do so, also we need a coder who would update it alongside. Any coder ? contributors?

Or maybe OpenID integration too?
I would be happy to pay for Facebook and/or OpenID integration Smile
I would pay a dollar for this.
(2010-02-06, 06:04 AM)iPod15 Wrote: [ -> ]I would pay a dollar for this.

I lol'd hard at that. Do you think anyone would do this much for 1 dollar?
Pages: 1 2 3