MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Web Page Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I got bored of waiting and 'hopeing' that nickman would update his custom pages mod to 1.4 so I've started writing my own Smile

Basically the plugin will allow you to make web pages from your ACP which can be accessed from the page header or from the portal. The pages can be viewed either in the MyBB style page or in a standard blank page.

Features from taken from nickmans plugin:
Edit pages in ACP
Pages can be turned on and off
Pages can be viewed within the mybb template or seperately.

Unique features:
TinyMCE wysiwyg integration
Ability to list pages in the forum header and/or portal
More to come as I think of them or if someone suggest them.

This will be my first MyBB plugin so hopefully all goes to plan!
That sounds like a really good idea. Too much like a CMS though. MyBB is a forum program, and I would find it much easier to use an actual CMS. But some people will like it though.
Cheers, well its not exactly my idea, i'm just taking that idea and making it better (in my eyes). Also im mainly writing this plugin because I need it for my own purposes anyway so it doesn't bother me too much!
(2008-08-11, 09:00 PM)alecf Wrote: [ -> ]Well I got bored of waiting and 'hopeing' that nickman would update his custom pages mod to 1.4 so I've started writing my own Smile

Basically the plugin will allow you to make web pages from your ACP which can be accessed from the page header or from the portal. The pages can be viewed either in the MyBB style page or in a standard blank page.

Features from taken from nickmans plugin:
Edit pages in ACP
Pages can be turned on and off
Pages can be viewed within the mybb template or seperately.

Unique features:
TinyMCE wysiwyg integration
Ability to list pages in the forum header and/or portal
More to come as I think of them or if someone suggest them.

This will be my first MyBB plugin so hopefully all goes to plan!

I've had it updated since the betas, just didn't release it until a few days ago. I'm kinda busy, so you gotta give me some time Toungue
Hehe sorry, but do you mind me releasing this? If you do I'll just keep it for my own use as ive only got the portal and header links sections to code now. Oh and make a lang file.
Oh gosh I hadn't seen version 2.0 as it wasn't in the mods section Sad

I guess that kinda makes my mod redundant! I'll probably still use mine for my own use but I won't bother releasing it. Im having trouble with find_replace_templatesets() anyway.
When this stuff to be released? Is the project dead already? Dodgy
Dead already, this was posted nearly two years ago. Close.
Crikey had forgotten about this! Been such a long time and just had an email through because I had subscribed to this thread.

I can't remember how finished it was, I seem to remember it was finished enough for my own use, but needed smoothening out to conform to mybb standards and such.

I'll try and dig it out, but why not try nickmans plugin which was pretty similar if its still about?
Don't know how things have changed with MyBB that may affect this though since I made it.

Alec
Oh yeah that looks like a good'n. Looks like it has everything mine did apart from the WYSIWYG, so your probably best going for that.