MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestion, how much queries?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I am creating this thread specially for the experianced and might be team of MyBB... I need their suggestion technically.

I currently have site on 000webhost.com and as they have so problems, I probably want to change the host, I look around but nothing was very impressable.. Hey hold on...... This thread is not to ask you guys a host.....

Well... I found one. It is based in France and only for French residence, and as I am, SO I decided to why not use this, as I used it before also for one of my site "not database droven" however, the speed is very cool.... the host is www.o-n.fr

So now the point is that with everything perfect they have a main restrication, the restrication is that your site can't process more then 12,000 MySQL queries an hour Sad

So, now What I need is your suggestion that should I move to this site or no? Or if so, then 12,000 queries an hour could hold how much users active at a moment for a full hour? As I know the main page generation at once takes 12 queries and showtherad.php 25 queries SO I need your suggesiton, should I move to this host? Because I don't find any other fast and Free host as I can't pay at the moment, infact I am a student...

So please give your suggestion(s).. Badly waiting for answer Smile

FAISAL~
Well it depends on how active your site is. I mean in the end it's up to you and your site. I would say if you don't want a lot of strong restrictions and a nice speeds pay for hosting Toungue (It's like $5 a month for a good shared host).

But if you want to see other hosts(free and paid look at the thread made for that). http://community.mybboard.net/thread-30827.html
MyBB 1.4 is pretty good in terms of amount of queries per page. My suggestion would be to try it out on that host for a while and see if it goes over. It just depends on the activity of your forum.
(2008-08-11, 10:14 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 1.4 is pretty good in terms of amount of queries per page. My suggestion would be to try it out on that host for a while and see if it goes over. It just depends on the activity of your forum.

Thanks Ryan,

But I have one more question, that according to your thinking MyB 1.4 have 12000 queries an hour it can take how much users maximum in that quota of queries?

FAISAL~
The amount of users is only one variable. It depends on how many pages they view, how many post/threads they make. We can't just say X amount of members give X amount of queries an hour. I mean it also depends on the hour.
Well, found a host with no queries limit Smile Thanks every body!!!!!!
I have a doubt about queries.
In index page i have 70 queries Huh,but in acp and other forums i have 7-25queries.Is normal to have 70 queries in index?
How can i reduce the number of queries?

I have 1.4.1 with vision theme

LE: After i make some refreshing to the index page i get this error:
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/2191/36563828fk6.jpg
Are you sure it's 70 on the index. Because I only get 15 with the same theme and same version.
Yes,i'm sure.I will post a print-screen,after i get rid of that error.I have this amount of queries only in index page.
What are the possible causes for this huge number of queries?

LE:The print screen
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/982/32005749dh2.jpg
You have any plugins installed?
Pages: 1 2