MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permission to use text/images from MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am starting to run a MyBB host.

I was wondering if I could get (and if I need) permission to use text and images from the MyBB website.

For example, the text and images here: http://www.mybboard.net/features/administration

I'd include a link to the page with the original text/images, and make it clear that the content is from MyBB.

Thanks
Hi Zeggy,

Please ping Chris Boulton about this issue over PM if you don't get a response here.

Thanks.
You could always take your own screenshots :p
(2008-08-13, 07:10 AM)blueparukia Wrote: [ -> ]You could always take your own screenshots :p

This is true and if your really lazy you can use a plugin like FireShot so you don't even need another app to crop out the browser Toungue.
Um...correct me if I'm wrong but I believe legally, taking a screenshot of copyrighted content and cropping out what you need is basically the same as saving the copyrighted content directly >.>.
Not too sure about the laws, but in either case, it's certainly one rarely exercised. I mean, just look at all the screenshots from games... (where most of the time, the people publishing the screenshots don't get permission from the game studio)

In either case, I see no reason why any software developer would discourage free distribution of screenshots, assuming that the application itself is given away free of charge.
(2008-08-13, 08:34 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Um...correct me if I'm wrong but I believe legally, taking a screenshot of copyrighted content and cropping out what you need is basically the same as saving the copyrighted content directly >.>.

So I couldn't take a screen shot of the admin panel of the forum I installed on my site and post it?