MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: private forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to create a provate forum?

I did create a new group and on forum settings I uncheck "Registered" Group for that forum permission and I do check permissions to that new group.

Is it the correct way? or is there any better way?
I have the same question. I would like users to see only a username/password prompt (similar to the admin access login screen) when accessing the forum, and not see the board names, stats, or contact info until they have logged in.
I have several public forums so even guests should be able to view them and registered should be abel tom post etc. just a category/forum among these all forums should be private for paid users. I did that like the way I said in my initial post but is there any better way to make a particular forum private?
(2008-08-12, 07:55 AM)Handy Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same question. I would like users to see only a username/password prompt (similar to the admin access login screen) when accessing the forum, and not see the board names, stats, or contact info until they have logged in.

Not exactly the same. Admin CP --> Users & Groups --> Groups --> *edit the Guests Usergroup* - change the "Can View Board" permission to "no"

(2008-08-12, 07:59 AM)nimasdj Wrote: [ -> ]I have several public forums so even guests should be able to view them and registered should be abel tom post etc. just a category/forum among these all forums should be private for paid users. I did that like the way I said in my initial post but is there any better way to make a particular forum private?

No, that's the best way.
(2008-08-12, 10:58 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Not exactly the same. Admin CP --> Users & Groups --> Groups --> *edit the Guests Usergroup* - change the "Can View Board" permission to "no"

Perfect. That works fine.

I was getting confused, as a first-time MyBB user, with the per-forum group properties, which look very similar to these group permissions...

Thanks!
Group permissions apply globally. Customized forum permissions override these group permissions