MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: utf-8 conversor problem [Solved, not Fixed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there;

i have had a problem when using the new tool. For some reason whenever i try to convert from latin_swe_ci to utf-8, conversion breakes post information. I mean, after i convert all tables i login to the forum and all the posts and many of the Thread Titles become "cut" as if someone deliberatedly have edited them and erased part of their content.

I would like to give you some screenshots but im afraid my comunity members would kill me if i continue breaking the forum XD. For now i have recovered all information by restoring to previous backup, but if utf-8 becomes "the new path to walk" ill have problems soon.

Post Before Conversion:
[attachment=10451]
Admin Log says (after conversion):
[attachment=10452]
Post After Conversion:
[attachment=10453]

As you can see, post was very, very reduced, by conversion.

System Data:

MyBB Version 1.4
PHP Version 5.2.6-2
SQL Engine MySQLi 5.0.51
Runnig on Apache2/linux debian server.

Hope it helps, sorry for my english i know it's awfull Smile

Regards;
Zeroena.

EDIT: SCREEEN!!!
Solved!

I had to copy the DB to an other with phpmyadmin(to make it easy, i made a duplicate).
Then i converted db with the conversor (meaning i broke post again).
After that i empy "Forum" DB compleatly, but leaving structure.
Now i copyed data (not structure) from previous duplicated DB to the converted "Forum" DB.
Finaly i went to conversor again and this time conversor said "Forum" DB was allready converted, and i didn't loose any data this time.

Even if i solved my problem some how, the utf-8 conversor STILL not working well. So i suggest review on this bug.

See ya.

Regards;
Zeroena.