MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP Permission Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Everytime I access any page in my AdminCP I get a 403 error. How do I solve this?

Using MyBB v1.4, This is my error page.

It only occurs when the URL is admin/index.php?module.. When changed to admin/?module=, I'm able to use the adminCP until the next link.

I've tried logging out and back in, and I don't have any plugins installed.

Please help me resolve this, It's critical to my forum.

Thanks.

[Image: 403so9.png]
Is it possible you got the user and pass wrong? Do you have other admins who have access? is it perhaps a bugged .htaccess file? wrong permissions?
I've accessed the Dashboard just fine, My user/pass is correct. I reverted to the default MyBB .htaccess then removed it and still had the same error. I even CHModded it to 775, But now i get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.7a DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at luacom.net Port 80

If it helps, I am UID 1 on the forum, So I would not think anything could be wrong.
change the CHMod?
I've changed it to 775, And back. I've tried everything. Do you think I need to CHMod the modules? I don't know if I would have to, This has never happened before and I run two forums on the same server just fine. (seperate databases).

If it helps.

http://luacom.net/~wixibix
Do you have mod_security on your server? Please read [Wiki: Help:mod_security] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
(2008-08-12, 09:58 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have mod_security on your server? Please read [Wiki: Help:mod_security] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

I used your fix but it still doesnt work.
Please obtain your server's error logs (either from your FTP, hosting control panel, or your web host) and find out what specific error is being thrown.
Only this one.

[Wed Aug 13 14:23:41 2008] [error] [client lol.ipa.ddr.ess] SoftException in Application.cpp:252: File "/home/luacomn/public_html/~wixibix/admin/index.php" is writeable by group

Edit:

[Wed Aug 13 14:29:09 2008] [error] [client my.IPa.ddr.ess] File does not exist: /home/luacomn/public_html/403.shtml, referer: http://luacom.net/~wixibix/admin/index.php
CHMOD admin/index.php to 644 and try again.
Pages: 1 2